The Byrds Under Review

Those who flock to The Byrds
jimk
RRF Consultant

The Byrds Under Review

Post by jimk »

This may have been posted before. I'm not certain. Anyway, for the benefit of new forum members, here's a good documentary on The Byrds.
JimK
Folkie
Advanced Member

Re: The Byrds Under Review

Post by Folkie »

Jim,

I just watched the first three installments of this excellent documentary. It's very well put together and contains a lot of information that's new to me. Great soundtrack, too! Thanks so much for posting it! 8)

Robert
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

It's also available as a DVD if you care to spend $20 or so.
soma89

Post by soma89 »

I always thought it had just very basic info on them. Nothing beats the Joe Rogan Books on The Byrds. NOTHING :)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

:lol:

Is that where they have McGuinn buried alive in an aquarium full of snakes? Crosby eating pig intestines???
Tyrone Biggums wrote:Somethin' ya might not know about me Joe Rogan... I SMOKE ROCKS!
:lol:
Attachments
fearfactor.jpg
fearfactor.jpg (3.89 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

Thanks for this...What is the music that's played at the beginning and throughout the documentary..Really pretty.
ByrdBro

Post by ByrdBro »

Just caught up with this post James ( tut tut where've I been). Many thanks for the link

What a fabulous documentary and for change interviews with knowledgeable people, not the self promoting
half wits who so often get involved with documentary s

Watched the whole thing straight off, fascinating :)
tcsmit29

Post by tcsmit29 »

david/wales/u.k wrote:Thanks for this...What is the music that's played at the beginning and throughout the documentary..Really pretty.
I think the music was just a generic late 60's Byrd's style music that was added to give the feeling of Byrd's music without involving licensing rights for the real "stuff".

I watched this documentary over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The interviews with John York and Gene Parsons was a great addition and very informative. I wished other surviving members were interviewed as well. I would have loved to had Hillman, Crosby, and McGuinn's input into this documentary.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

I'll have to check and see, but I believe the sound track music was composed by John York himself especially for the documentary.
JimK
vjf1968

Post by vjf1968 »

John York supplied the soundtrack for the documentary but they did get licensing for most of the Byrds catalog and film clips. Johnny Rogan is one of the main interviewees as well as John York, Van Dyke Parks, and other critics and music journalists. It's very comprehensive but one still yearns for a full on documentary with more of the surviving original band participating . Maybe Martin Scorsese can convince them and do a 3 hour documentary like "Living In The Material World' and "No Direction Home"

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”