Glasstone "Lill G"

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Glasstone "Lill G"

Post by jps »

I'd like to hear how that 2-12 Glasstone cab sounds like compared to my LDS 2126.
LDS_2126-1200_9724.jpg
Granted, the form factor is different but the cab has tilt back handle and wheels on it (along with side bar handles) so it is a very easy schlep.

It can handle 900 watts! :mrgreen:

Keep in mind that the wattage rating for all speaker cabinets are for their thermal limits, the drivers will most likely not get that far, mechanically.
T28

Post by T28 »

IS that LDS based on the fEARful design...or similar?

I have a 12/6/1 stack and the Lil'G performs on equal terms in my estimation. They both sound slightly different but you could not go wrong with either.
and the Lil'G is less than 1/2 the price of the fEARful stack.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

It is probably similar but I asked Don to come up with his own design; actually fEARful never came up in any of our conversations, this is more a big version of the 286 he built previously for me.
T28

Post by T28 »

Looks really nice. How much does it weigh?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

More than the Glasstone, both are around 51 lbs. which indicates how well made these are. The 286 feels like one solid block with no resonances at all; the 8" drivers in it are Ciare NDC8-3, very nice and heavy duty which contributes a bit to the weight. The 12" drivers in the 2126 are Eminence 3012LFs. Both cabinets have 18Sound 6ND410 mid drivers, and custom designed and built crossovers by Ralf Patterson.
T28

Post by T28 »

Don't forget NAMM attendees that there is a Glasstone Lil'G at the Buebaker booth,#4860.
Might be a great chance to check it out if you are interested in one of these..
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Cool, someone who's there, please go by and give a report...
:D 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Every time I went by the booth, there was either a crazy line for a signing that came from some other booth blocking the way, or the space (which was small) was taken up by a bassist or bassists who main intention was to show everyone how fast they could pop and slap 1,000 notes, playing only through the Epifani AL-112 combo.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:Every time I went by the booth, there was either a crazy line for a signing that came from some other booth blocking the way, or the space (which was small) was taken up by a bassist or bassists who main intention was to show everyone how fast they could pop and slap 1,000 notes, playing only through the Epifani AL-112 combo.
In other words, a pretty typical NAMM Show scenario. :!:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Every time I went by the booth, there was either a crazy line for a signing that came from some other booth blocking the way, or the space (which was small) was taken up by a bassist or bassists who main intention was to show everyone how fast they could pop and slap 1,000 notes, playing only through the Epifani AL-112 combo.
In other words, a pretty typical NAMM Show scenario. :!:
As far as that's concerned, worse than the bass guitar section of any Guitar Center, on any Saturday!
T28

Post by T28 »

I thought that the Glasstone/Kustom setup sounded better than the Epifani but admittedly I am biased because I own a Lil"G. IMHO the Epifani sounded more bloated and not as clear. The Glasstone cut through the noise much better.

I have know idea what the Epiani cost but it was definitely bigger and bulkier. I also thought that the Glasstone sounded much better with my Tecamp Puma 900 than with the Kustom head.

And I agree with Joey 200% about the poppers and slappers trying to show everyone how fast they could play. As a matter of fact, I would say that 95% of the bass sounds I heard over 3 days was this type of playing.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

T28 wrote:And I agree with Joey 200% about the poppers and slappers trying to show everyone how fast they could play. As a matter of fact, I would say that 95% of the bass sounds I heard over 3 days was this type of playing.
Unfortunate...I thought that went out with the last decade, for the most part.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

T28 wrote:And I agree with Joey 200% about the poppers and slappers trying to show everyone how fast they could play. As a matter of fact, I would say that 95% of the bass sounds I heard over 3 days was this type of playing.
...and they all sound the same!! It seems like a rerun when you go from one bass amp or boutique bass guitar booth to another!! :roll:

Return to “The Low End”