Genesis Revisted

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
jps
RRF Consultant

Genesis Revisted

Post by jps »

Anyone else hear of this?

aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Re: Genesis Revisted

Post by aceonbass »

News to me! Listening to those early Genesis tunes literally gives me goose bumps. Something I never got out of the band once Hackett left.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

I had the first Genesis Revisited album for a few years,and really liked some of the new renditions,especially "watcher",and bought the "II" cd recently. I really like the updated production,the songs sound great,and having different vocalists puts an interesting slant on things. Steve's reworking of the lead guitar outro on "supper's ready" was worth the price of the cd alone for me. And like he said in the video,it is rather epic,it takes up 2 cd's.it comes in a really gorgeous multi gate cd cover with a booklet containing a lot of info.photos,and some really nice illustrations. Recommended!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I had not heard of these either, great to see/hear Steve doing this.

A few years ago some friends and I went to see Steve with John and Roger (as in the second posted youtube) at The Kent Stage and they did do some (many) Genesis songs, what a treat it was. 8) That was a year or two before the most recent reunited (sort of) Genesis as I spoke with Steve about any possibilities of such a thing happening. He went on at some length about the various relationships of the guys and that if Peter were in he would certainly be part of it. Well, we know how that tour went. :(
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Well,i believe i read that Steve plans to tour this concept with a full band,which would be great,but i don't know if it is set in stone yet. I should go check his website. As much as i hate the idea of being on a carribean cruise,i would love to be on the progfest cruise coming up that features Steve,Yes,and many other great bands....
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

woodyng wrote:Well,i believe i read that Steve plans to tour this concept with a full band,which would be great...
I hear Chris will be playing bass on that tour! :mrgreen:

Rumor monger, me? :roll: :twisted:
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Looks like the closest the tour is getting to you is either Milwaukee or Ridgefield,PA,in September 2013. Los angelos is the closest to me....very limited dates in the U.S,but a ton of european/worldwide gigs lined up. Hopefuly they make a dvd....
:cry:
And it looks like the bassist may be another Flowery-ric playin Progmaster.....
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

woodyng wrote:And it looks like the bassist may be another Flowery-ric playin Progmaster.....
Will Lee?!?!?!?!?!? :mrgreen:
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

Pete Trewavas?

Eden.
I confused Faraday's cage, with Schrodinger's cat box....

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”