Fender Kingman

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Fender Kingman

Post by T.A.R. »

I just wanted to show you my new to me F***** Kingman. A friend of mine wants to put together a coffee house thing and we thought an acoustic bass would fit the bill. Well I had gone up to Mouradian Guitars to drop off my Ric for repairs(A Tweak to Far) and this was on the wall. I figured, oh good I'll get to play one and check it out. The quote on the repair was very reasonable which left me with some extra cash and I enjoyed my time with Jim and John and the Kingman, so I brought it home. To quote my wife, "Are you F%^&ing crazy" in short...... yes.
Attachments
fender1.jpg
fender2.jpg
fender3.jpg
fender4.jpg
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Fender Kingman

Post by cjj »

Cool! How does it sound?
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickyfricky
Intermediate Member

Post by rickyfricky »

Nice score Ted! 8)

Tell your Mrs. it could have been worse -- you could've come home with a 4005 . . . :shock:
Watch those teeth, Marlin. I'm not sure we've properly sedated the beast . . .
scotty

Post by scotty »

Congrats Ted on the Fender :D

dunno why members feel the need to asterix out the word Fender?
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

It's pretty interesting the Bronze rounds on are forcing me to clean up my playing, they are very noisy. The Bass sounds really good both plugged in and acoustic, warm but the bronze makes it kind of bright, I'm thinking of trying out some flats on her, but first play as she is before I mess with things. The neck is very comfortable they say it's a Jazz neck, honestly it feels better than some of Jazzes that I've played. It is so completely different than any of the other Basses I own, I like it. I can see playing in a secluded anchorage some where.

Scotty it's probably a throw back to earlier days on the forum when it seemed everyone did. :wink:
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

I have to revise my statement above. I finally got to plug into a decent bass amp and Wow! A big Full sound, warm beautiful tone, I can see where this bass will fit into the arsenal quite nicely.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

How's the neck dive? The one I tried a few weeks ago was a majorly serious diver, like it was looking for Atlantis or something!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Congrats Ted, that's something different!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Very cool indeed 8) 8) - and if that' is indeed Jazz Bass neck, that is one enormous bass..... :shock:
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

antipodean wrote:that is one enormous bass..... :shock:
My Kramer Ferrington II is also an enormous acoustic/electric bass guitar. The case is a monster and not easy to fit into many cars.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

Neck dive would be an understatement, I put a suede strap on it and that seems to grip a bit better and help matters. Joey the Ferrington II looks very cool! The Kingman is enormous and just fits in the front of my S10. The more I play it the more I like it, I like that it's cleaning up my fingering and making me think about how I approach and leave a note. I do have to say, I can't wait to have my Ric back! The local tech where I take lessons played the Kingman and says it's either one of the better from the factory or Mouradian worked his magic on it. He didn't want to put it down. :D

Return to “The Low End”