Official book launch event

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

bassduke49

Official book launch event

Post by bassduke49 »

OK, I've got dates and a venue for a Midwest Rickenbacker Confluence (MRC) and "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass" Launch Event (TREBLE, ironically)! This event is largely to celebrate the release of my book, "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years as Rock's Bottom" (Hal Leonard Books), and to get together with Rickenbacker enthusiasts from all around the Midwest (and folks from anywhere else, too).

WHEN: Friday, July 19 (6-10pm), Saturday, July 20 (1-9pm), Sunday, July 21 (10am-5pm).

WHERE: Waterstone Bank community room (basement), 6560 South 27th Street, Oak Creek, WI 53154. Oak Creek is an adjacent suburb (south) of Milwaukee. The bank is just a few miles from Milwaukee's airport and close to I-94 freeway and several motels and eateries. This is the same location as the 2011 event.

HOW MUCH: Cheap as I am :mrgreen: , the event is free!

WHAT'S HAPPENING: I hope this event will be similar to the one we held two years ago, but hope to gather more people and more instruments. This event will not include an official jam session or gig, so there should be no sour notes on who gets to play. There will be some small amps there, and you're invited to bring one. Spontaneous jams are inevitable. Last time we had a little over 50 Ricks on display and about a dozen folks strolling through the two day event.

My book will be available for sale at the event. Gary Hahlbeck of North Coast Music will be there with a supply of the book for sale, and I will always be glad to sign your copy if you like. If you already have a copy, that's fine; bring it and I'll sign that, too.

Since I am no longer playing actively and as the book is done, I will be selling many of my Rick basses. Because shipping is a hassle, I would prefer to sell in person. I'm going to give attendees of MRC/TREBLE first crack at them; what doesn't sell then will eventually go in the for-sale section here or to eBay. I'll post a list with prices in the "Ricks for sale" section soon, but I stress that the basses will not be for sale until the event. So come early, buy often.

So, hope to see everyone in Milwaukee in July – hey, it's warm then!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Official book launch event

Post by jps »

See post in other thread. :wink: :mrgreen:
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Hmmm. I would probably only be good for the Friday, but I'm still considering it. 8)
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

An update:

Looks like Gary Hahlbeck of North Coast Music will probably not be selling books. That means that I will be selling them myself.

Hal Leonard Books just informed me that they have received a few advanced copies of the book and will be sending them to me immediately! Yahoooo!

I finally get to see the real deal after about eight years of effort!!!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

bassduke49 wrote:Hal Leonard Books just informed me that they have received a few advanced copies of the book and will be sending them to me immediately! Yahoooo!

That will be gratifying. Have a kleenex in hand. :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

bassduke49 wrote:An update:

Looks like Gary Hahlbeck of North Coast Music will probably not be selling books. That means that I will be selling them myself.

Hal Leonard Books just informed me that they have received a few advanced copies of the book and will be sending them to me immediately! Yahoooo!

Of course, you know... Ya gotta post a picture when they arrive... Or it didn't happen!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
byu
Intermediate Member

Post by byu »

Looking forward to this.
incubus2432

Post by incubus2432 »

That's great Paul! I'll have to start saving my $$$$ since I'm ric-less and you'll have to post your updated collection so O can get an idea if the funds that I'll need. :mrgreen:
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

Paul, you may have addressed this before. Will the Ric corporate website also be selling the book in the Boutique link?
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

No. We have issues with Hal Leonard and choose not to handle their products.
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

Fair enough.
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

johnhall wrote:No. We have issues with Hal Leonard and choose not to handle their products.

:(

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”