Rockshow... BLURAY (Reviews?... Simer?)

The history and music of the Fab Four
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Rockshow... BLURAY (Reviews?... Simer?)

Post by congerz83 »

Today I'm supposed to get the new Rockshow BLURAY in the mail...

I'm reading some of the amazon reviews and I keep hearing about the bass and kick cutting out during the whole concert...

Can anyone confirm this?

Being that the bass is the main interest for me, I'll be pretty p*ssed if this is the case...
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU WANT PAUL TO BRING BACK THE 4001. JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147641915268984
nukebass
Veteran RRF member

Re: Rockshow... BLURAY (Reviews?... Simer?)

Post by nukebass »

Did you get it? I'm thinking about going and picking it up today.
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

nukebass wrote:Did you get it? I'm thinking about going and picking it up today.
I did get it, but I really didn't have time to watch much of it. A bit disappointed the behind the scenes special was only about 10 min.
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU WANT PAUL TO BRING BACK THE 4001. JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147641915268984
fireglo
Veteran RRF member

Post by fireglo »

Anybody had a chance to view this yet? How's the picture and sound quality?
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

Well Rick. I was excited to get it, but when I opened my package from Amazon the disc was missing. So I was delayed a couple of more days. I finally watched it with my 15 year old and got to tell him about when I originally saw it when I was 17 at the Castro theater in SF. So, sharing that with I'm brought back some good memories.

I watched with the surround sound on and I thought the sound was uneven. His bass was really heavy, which normally I like, but it would occasionally drop out. That annoyed me a bit.

I like that they added the songs back that had been deleted from the previous video releases but were included in the original film release.

This band was really good. Arguably the best Wings lineup. I also like that it was a Wings show with a few Beatles songs scattered in. Not like today's tour where he has become a oldies revival act . (Just once I would like to see him perform a concert without Hey Jude, Yesterday, Let it Be and The Long and Winding Road).

Soily is one of my favorite tracks. It totally kicks ***. I forgot how much I liked some of the Venus and Mars tracks too but they were great tracks. In fact, I thought they were better live than on the album. Denny Laine certainly held his own and showed that he was an accomplished musician.

Overall, Rick. Great performance, great video quality, good audio quality and it brought back some good memories.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”