My New Shell Pink American Strat

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

octagon

My New Shell Pink American Strat

Post by octagon »

I got it yesterday. It's a 2013 Fender FSR American Standard Stratocaster.Comes with Custom Shop "Fat 50s" pickups.

JakeK
RRF Consultant

Re: My New Shell Pink American Strat

Post by JakeK »

Very nice, Mitch! While it is modern, the finish and pickups help retain a vintage vibe 8)
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Oh man I love that.
eatswodo
Veteran RRF member

Post by eatswodo »

What a beauty. Quintessential Strat.
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

:D Awesome Mitch! Fabulous colour and great looking fretboard. I love the simplicity and timeless elegance of Leo's best designs. :D
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
octagon

Post by octagon »

Thanks guys! I looked for one of these for a long time.

ImageImage
AutumnGlo370

Post by AutumnGlo370 »

Nice !! I was hoping that the " Sea Foam Green " thing would finally run it's course.
It's getting really lame going to gigs were literally every guitarist is playing either a SFG Strat, Tele, JM or Jag. Last gig I was at the first 3 bands were all equipped in SFG guitars. I am getting sea sick of "Sea Foam Green" now. Fender is also offering the "American Special Strat" in Shell Pink @ $799.
Anyway next to 'Burgundy Mist" "Shell pink" is my favorite Strat color. Nice one ;it's a keeper!
octagon

Post by octagon »

AutumnGlo370 wrote:Nice !! I was hoping that the " Sea Foam Green " thing would finally run it's course.
It's getting really lame going to gigs were literally every guitarist is playing either a SFG Strat, Tele, JM or Jag. Last gig I was at the first 3 bands were all equipped in SFG guitars. I am getting sea sick of "Sea Foam Green" now. Fender is also offering the "American Special Strat" in Shell Pink @ $799.
Anyway next to 'Burgundy Mist" "Shell pink" is my favorite Strat color. Nice one ;it's a keeper!
Thanks! Where did you see the American Special Stratocaster in Shell Pink? I can only find them in Two-Tone SunBurst,Candy Apple Red and Surf Green.

AutumnGlo370

Post by AutumnGlo370 »

A week ago, the Shell Pink American Special was at a local mom&pop music store . It was hanging between a candy apple red and a sunburst version. The shop owner had a hand written sign on each that read : "Fender American Special Strat $799 w gigbag" I grabbed the Shell Pink right away but the shop owner let me know he would knock $100 off the candy apple red Strat because it had some customer scuff damage & snapped off trem arm in the trem block.
$699 out the door & never one to pass up a deal, I opted for the CAR one. Though I had some nagging regrets for not buying the Shell Pink Strat that day!

Recently I checked online and like you, could only find CAR,SBrst and SFG in the American Special.
I now doubt that the guitar I saw that day was an American Special.
I have a nasty feeling that I passed up the same model you own that was somehow mismarked at the store. I would have bought it unaware thinking I had bought a Shell Pink American Special. I was so taken by the Shell Pink color (GAS) that I did not notice any other details about the guitar.
Honestly even if I had paid and walked out the door with the mismarked guitar no way I could keep it. I would take it back if I later discovered what it really was. I place fellow humans over hunks of wood, wire,plastic and metal anyday.
The guy was really nice and even gave me an extra trem bar in case I could get the broken tip out; then I go screw him over?? Nah......

As it is, Mom & Pops have a hard enough time trying to make a living without being screwed because of a simple inventory mistake!

Sorry for getting you all worked up. But what if it really was an American Special in Shell Pink............. :roll:????
octagon

Post by octagon »

AutumnGlo370 wrote:
Sorry for getting you all worked up. But what if it really was an American Special in Shell Pink............. :roll:????
No problem,did The Shell Pink Strat you saw have a maple fretboard with a large 60s style headstock? If it did it was an American Special Stratocaster. If it had a rosewood fretboard with the smaller traditional sized headstock than it may have been an American Standard Stratocaster,but those always come with a harshell case. Could it have been a 60's Classic Stratocaster? They made those in Shell Pink too,but they have not been available in that color since 2003.Maybe it is "New Old Stock"?

American Standard(left) 60s Classic(right)

ImageImage
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

sloop_john_b wrote:Oh man I love that.
Absolutely!

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”