Just pulled the trigger...

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

woodyng

Just pulled the trigger...

Post by woodyng »

On MF stupid deal of the day,a Tech 21 Landmark 300 amp for $399.00! I use the Tech21 VT pedal all the time as a preamp for my Markbass,and adore the sounds. The 300 has 2 switchable,combinable channnels,but does have less power than the markbass,a factor that i don't believe is going to be an issue for me. The ONLY complaint i have had about the vt pedal is i hate the wall wart power supply. I am looking forward to checking out the new amp.
The reviews for the amp are unanimously favorable,and it's an anologue,American made product. Stoked!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Just pulled the trigger...

Post by cjj »

Congrats!

I looked at that too, but I just couldn't think of why I'd need yet another bass amp, especially since I use SansAmp RPMs as my preamps. Good deal though...
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
DriftSpace

Post by DriftSpace »

Thanks for the heads-up, Woody!

In one of my bands the bassist uses a Sans Amp through an Eden Metro, but it really seems like most of his tone comes rom the 4003 and the Sans Amp.

Tech 21 does make excellent gear, and this is a "stupid" price for a USA-made 300W head.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

cjj wrote:Congrats!

I looked at that too, but I just couldn't think of why I'd need yet another bass amp, especially since I use SansAmp RPMs as my preamps. Good deal though...
8)
I usually approach new purchases as replacements for current gear,and it might be that my Markbass combo will be up for sale at some point,along with the VT pedal too, of course, BUT,i could also use the MB combo as my clean side of a stereo rig. (Off an ART Phat-boy multi efx pedal,since all of my Ricks are mono output)
Factoring in nothing else but the resale of my vt pedal,the amp will cost me about $325.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I've already got a full stereo setup...
:mrgreen:
CJ7_0793.jpg
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Ashgray
Intermediate Member

Post by Ashgray »

:shock:

That's one hell of an impressive rig CJ!

Without wishing to take this thread off topic too far, what does that Lexicon give you?

Ash
1976 4001 "Shadow" Fretless
1978 4002 Walnut
1986 4008 Silver
1999 4001 V63 White
2012 4004 Jetglo

Button 6 String Fretfull
Button 6 String Fretless
NS CR5 Omni Bass Fretless
Ashbory Bass
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

cjj wrote:I've already got a full stereo setup...
CJ7_0793.jpg
HOLY...............CJ!!! I'd never even be able find the on/off switch on that rig! LOL!

For a technically challenged individual such as myself, I'd NEVER, EVER own more than a DI box! :roll: :lol: :lol:
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

ajish4 wrote:
cjj wrote:I've already got a full stereo setup...
CJ7_0793.jpg
HOLY...............CJ!!! I'd never even be able find the on/off switch on that rig! LOL!

For a technically challenged individual such as myself, I'd NEVER, EVER own more than a DI box! :roll: :lol: :lol:
You took the words right out of my technically-challenged mouth,Tony! 8)

CJ,i adhere to the KISS method in most things.....which has nothing to do with Gene Simmons,et al..... :lol:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ajish4 wrote:
cjj wrote:HOLY...............CJ!!! I'd never even be able find the on/off switch on that rig! LOL!
I see at least 5 on/off switches, TC. :wink:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Do they make special amps for acoustic bass the way they do for guitars? :?:
All I wanna do is rock!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Yes. SWR made several different models, AER does, as well as Acoustic Image, for some choices.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Ashgray wrote::shock:

Without wishing to take this thread off topic too far, what does that Lexicon give you?

Ash
I mostly got it for some reverb, which it does rather well, in my opinion. It's got other stuff too like flangers, phasers, delays, and some cool detuning stuff. You octave up and get a decent 8 string sound. Octave down too, or both at once...
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:
ajish4 wrote:
cjj wrote:HOLY...............CJ!!! I'd never even be able find the on/off switch on that rig! LOL!
I see at least 5 on/off switches, TC. :wink:
Actually, the on/off switch is on the power conditioner mounted in the back of the rack...

As for the technically challenged comments, remember, I am a certified Techno-Nerd™... Or is that certifiable...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Anyway, back on topic, anyone else go for one of these?

And Woody, be sure to let us know when it arrives and what you think of it!
8)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

kiramdear wrote:Do they make special amps for acoustic bass the way they do for guitars? :?:
Kira,not quite sure if i understand your question,but the tech21 amp's 2nd channel is tailored for acoustic instruments,with different tone shaping controls from the first channel. (variable midrange parametric) The fact that the channels are both switchable and blendable is pretty intriguing to me. The controls for channel one are pretty much the same as the VT pedal.

Return to “The Low End”