Falling in Love with Model 300 All Over Again

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

blue330
Professional Player

Falling in Love with Model 300 All Over Again

Post by blue330 »

With a Pro Junior and occasionally a RAT, and I'm finding that this guitar is suitable for Rock, Soul, Psych, and Blues. Also Country!
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: Falling in Love with Model 300 All Over Again

Post by sloop_john_b »

Absolutely! Especially with Higains. I use my old 330 (with modern Higains) for everything.
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Post by deaconblues »

After years of being a case queen, my 330 is back at the #1 spot for me. I ditched the original Hi-Gains and went with a scatterwound toaster at the bridge and a Firebird 'bucker at the neck. The mud is GONE!
360girl

Post by 360girl »

blue330 wrote:With a Pro Junior and occasionally a RAT, and I'm finding that this guitar is suitable for Rock, Soul, Psych, and Blues. Also Country!
Yuppers Mitch! I've been saying for years that the 300 series (and other Ric guitars & basses for that matter) are anything but one-trick ponies. I did an audition for a band last year with my last 360, and the music was anything but jangly stuff. I got great compliments on my guitar sound - nice and hard hitting, while not sounding like your typical Gibson or Fender!

Rics can crunch with the best of them IMO - just quit treating them like a Gibson or a Fender, when it comes to amp settings.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I am selling a 330 Desert Gold to a friend, and he has voiced his utter astonishment of how wide the range of sound can be from it, sounding bluesy or Tele-ish, etc. 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

blue330 wrote:With a Pro Junior and occasionally a RAT, and I'm finding that this guitar is suitable for Rock, Soul, Psych, and Blues. Also Country!
Guess it's time to do new album featuring your AZ 330, Mitch! I'm sure you have the material....I hope you have the material! Bring back Let's Active!!!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”