jps
RRF Consultant

Let's get microtonal!

Post by jps »

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: Let's get microtonal!

Post by johnallg »

Interesting, especially the 1/4 note fretted guitar. That last couple minutes had my eyes closed and I almost floated off to dreamland. Nice.
360girl

Post by 360girl »

Microtonal stuff is cool. There's a guy on the 7-string guitar forum, who's into microtonal stuff, and had a custom microtonal fretted 7-string made. Jon Catler, has been doing microtonal music for over 20 years. He also sells mictrotonal fretted necks, and entire microtonally set up guitars (they're basically modded G&Ls, and can be a bit on the pricey side). This him, and his band Wille McBlind:

I they weren't a hassle to make (I'm not wild about refretting guitars), or didn't cost a bundle to buy (even neck replacements can get kind of pricey), I wouldn't mind having a microtonal guitar. I think it would be a lot of fun to play, and might freshen up my mind musically.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

360girl wrote:I[f] they weren't a hassle to make (I'm not wild about refretting guitars), or didn't cost a bundle to buy (even neck replacements can get kind of pricey), I wouldn't mind having a microtonal guitar. I think it would be a lot of fun to play, and might freshen up my mind musically.
Just go fretless, then!

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”