Got Some Time?

Those who flock to The Byrds
jimk
RRF Consultant

Got Some Time?

Post by jimk »

....Good, 'cause there are 25 segments. John York talks about the Byrds. Interesting.

And while we're at it, here's Gene Parsons' take on the same subject, in 14 parts.
. Good to watch on a stormy winter day, or a hot summer day if you're in the southern hemisphere.
JimK
Folkie
Advanced Member

Re: Got Some Time?

Post by Folkie »

JimK,

Just from looking at the first clip from each of these, I can tell it will be worth the time investment to watch both in their entirety. We've got some more bitter temperatures coming our way, so I'll more than likely be at my desk for a long time this next week. I'll have to look at all the clips. Thanks for posting! 8)

Robert
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Folkie wrote:We've got some more bitter temperatures coming our way, so I'll more than likely be at my desk for a long time this next week. I'll have to look at all the clips. 8)

Robert
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

Thanks for posting these vids of the Clarence White era......back in the day I stood less than ten feet from McGuinn, Clarence, John York and Gene as they played at the Blue Village in Westmont, IL.....later, my band opened for a Byrds cover band that featured Skip Battin on bass. I spoke with him awhile, but he seemed very frail. I saw the original 5 Byrds once in '66' and from then on I saw the Clarence White Byrds several times. That was a very good band, tho the vocals suffered on the older songs......thanks again! :)
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”