New Vintage case

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Maccaguy

New Vintage case

Post by Maccaguy »

I'm looking to buy a new "vintage" silver case for my lefty 4003s. I assumed since that's what Ric sells new lefties in, the silver case like listed at Musicians Friend would work. A couple of reviews of people "blindly" buying the case suggest it didn't work for their left handed basses.

Is there a version of the case for left handed instruments?
All lefty: 1982 4003S 1996 330/12 1993 4003S
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Re: New Vintage case

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

From my experience, YES, Rickenbacker makes Silver Vintage cases specifically for Lefty basses.

Go with a genuine Rickenbacker Lefty case.
Call Chris at Pick Of The Ricks. He assisted me with securing a proper Lefty case for my 8-string.

Good Luck!!!!!!
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

For the "Cash Challenged" among us, is there a relatively inexpensive HSC that fits right handed Ric basses well? I'm looking for something good enough for home use or the occasional car trip, doesn't have to be bulletproof, but more protection than a gig bag. ABS plastic is fine as long as it's not junk. Suggestions? I have a couple GC gift cards festering away from birthdays and Christmas past FWIW.
stevebasshead

Post by stevebasshead »

I've one of Hiscox cases larger style bass cases. Very well made and a lot cheaper than a Ric case.

Their standard one is too small for a Ric but the STD-EBP case is fine, slightly too large truth be told but Hiscox offered to supply extra padding when I emailed them. I didn't bother taking them up on their offer as I just rolled up my strap and spare strap and used them as padding.

http://www.hiscoxcases.com/electric-gui ... tm#std-ebp
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

Thanks for the lead!
stevebasshead

Post by stevebasshead »

You're welcome. If you go down the Hiscox route and if you do ask Hiscox direct for the padding double check whether the padding they'll supply is suitable for Ric finishes.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”