"Eight Miles High"--from Studio Z

A round-table feedback exchange

"Eight Miles High"--from Studio Z

Postby (vynesmusic) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:41 am

This forum has become slightly elitist and a bit too full of itself….it is a forum for lovers of the Rickenbacker line of guitars…nobody gets paid, few of the members actually play out live, and I have noticed a decided increase in non-responses to many of the new recordings offered…..that's OK….better silence than phrase by phrase criticism of how the track is not a perfect imitation of the original……some of us just want to play the songs….we try to get the gist of it, but mostly it's a pleasure to get a version of one of the many masterworks we all love….SO….here's "Eight Miles High" from my Studio Z…I play and sing all tracks…..

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9176979
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
(vynesmusic)

Re: "Eight Miles High"--from Studio Z

Postby (jps) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:51 pm

vynesmusic wrote:This forum has become slightly elitist and a bit too full of itself….it is a forum for lovers of the Rickenbacker line of guitars…nobody gets paid, few of the members actually play out live, and I have noticed a decided increase in non-responses to many of the new recordings offered…..that's OK….better silence than phrase by phrase criticism of how the track is not a perfect imitation of the original……some of us just want to play the songs….we try to get the gist of it, but mostly it's a pleasure to get a version of one of the many masterworks we all love….SO….here's "Eight Miles High" from my Studio Z…I play and sing all tracks…..

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9176979

The fact that you may not get a response to recordings of your that you post makes you say we are elitist and full of ourselves? WOW! :roll:
(Insert famous quote here)
(jps)
RRF Consultant

Postby (wim) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Full of myself? Moi? :wink:
(wim)
Intermediate Member

Postby (teb) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:30 pm

Regardless of how much you want to mirror the original, or take parts of it off in your own direction (which is a perfectly fine option on a cover) the problem I have with this one is that the lead guitar is way out of tune with the basic tracks. I don't know if I'm being elitist and/or full of myself for noticing and mentioning it or not, but I did play professionally and did a lot of recording sessions and playing out of tune instruments was not acceptable in any of them.
(teb)
Intermediate Member

Postby (Kiddwad57) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:36 pm

A somewhat relevant aside from John Entwistle: "I'm only interested in heavy metal when it's me who's playing it. I suppose it's a bit like smelling your own farts."

'wistle'n'ric.jpg
'wistle'n'ric.jpg (7.26 KiB) Viewed 989 times

Hope it helps!
"I'm never lost because someone's always telling me where to go."
(Kiddwad57)
Intermediate Member

Return to Recordings By RRF Members