3 Short scale 4030 basses

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (cassius987) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:39 pm

teeder wrote:
Short scale basses also seem to play to the hipster millennial


OK, that just changed my mind. No short scales for me! :lol:


:twisted:
User avatar
(cassius987)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (sloop_john_b) » Sat May 12, 2018 10:15 am

User avatar
(sloop_john_b)
Rick-a-holic
 
Posts: 13581
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:00 am
Location: New York, New York

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (cheyenne) » Sun May 13, 2018 7:53 am

Those are pretty cool. :D
"Knowledge is Power"
User avatar
(cheyenne)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 6070
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:39 pm
Location: Midwest Ohio

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (cassius987) » Sun May 13, 2018 11:11 pm

I absolutely love it. It would be nice to see something similar emerge as a regular offering.
User avatar
(cassius987)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (supazar) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:16 am

I'm looking forward to seeing some more vids of these basses in action.
(supazar)
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:03 am
Location: Long Island, N.Y.

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (aceonbass) » Mon May 14, 2018 2:13 am

Hopefully the next recipient of one of these basses will be a better player. At this point I'm surprised that RIC used three sets of NOS 4002 body wings to build three basses that were essentially the same for someone that scarcely deserves one such bass.
User avatar
(aceonbass)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 6434
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:00 am
Location: Parkville, Missouri

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (bottom4) » Mon May 14, 2018 8:10 am

Agree. It would be nice to see/hear vid that actually demonstrates the tone of the bass...
User avatar
(bottom4)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:24 am
Location: NJ, USA

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (cassius987) » Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 pm

aceonbass wrote:Hopefully the next recipient of one of these basses will be a better player. At this point I'm surprised that RIC used three sets of NOS 4002 body wings to build three basses that were essentially the same for someone that scarcely deserves one such bass.


Uh... what?
User avatar
(cassius987)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (jps) » Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 pm

cassius987 wrote:
aceonbass wrote:Hopefully the next recipient of one of these basses will be a better player. At this point I'm surprised that RIC used three sets of NOS 4002 body wings to build three basses that were essentially the same for someone that scarcely deserves one such bass.


Uh... what?

I'm with Rhys on this; who gets to determine worthiness, here? :?

aceonbass wrote:...for someone that scarcely deserves one such bass.

That's the most dickish thing I have ever read on the RRF. :roll:
(Insert famous quote here)
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35604
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (supazar) » Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 am

jps wrote:
cassius987 wrote:
aceonbass wrote:Hopefully the next recipient of one of these basses will be a better player. At this point I'm surprised that RIC used three sets of NOS 4002 body wings to build three basses that were essentially the same for someone that scarcely deserves one such bass.


Uh... what?

I'm with Rhys on this; who gets to determine worthiness, here? :?

aceonbass wrote:...for someone that scarcely deserves one such bass.

That's the most dickish thing I have ever read on the RRF. :roll:


I couldn't agree more Jeff :!:
(supazar)
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:03 am
Location: Long Island, N.Y.

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (jps) » Thu May 17, 2018 3:22 am

I've never listened to any of their music before. Pretty cool stuff!! :D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43zLcvLjrZc



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxWnnCqta0c
(Insert famous quote here)
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35604
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (jps) » Thu May 17, 2018 3:24 am

Any videos of them with he Rick in action?
(Insert famous quote here)
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35604
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (teeder) » Thu May 17, 2018 9:18 am

I wish I still had my Dan Armstrong bass.
(teeder)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5866
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:00 am

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (jps) » Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 am

A plexi Ampeg? Yeah, they were very cool basses, but the ones I have played were like bowling balls in weight.
(Insert famous quote here)
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35604
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth

Re: 3 Short scale 4030 basses

Postby (teeder) » Thu May 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Oh ya, they were heavy! My brother had a couple of the guitars too.
(teeder)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5866
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests