Why so quiet around here?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

teeder

Re: Why so quiet around here?

Post by teeder »

jps wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:23 am
kennyhowes wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:55 am It’s the calm before the storm.
Just so long as the storm isn't like the one we had last Thursday night around my area! :shock:
That just missed us. Looked bad!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

teeder wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:43 am
jps wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:23 am
kennyhowes wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:55 am It’s the calm before the storm.
Just so long as the storm isn't like the one we had last Thursday night around my area! :shock:
That just missed us. Looked bad!
A couple of tornados and lots of power outages.
teeder

Post by teeder »

That's no fun.

We had the whole family at Cedar Point last Tuesday. I'm glad it wasn't that day.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

teeder wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:41 am That's no fun.

We had the whole family at Cedar Point last Tuesday. I'm glad it wasn't that day.
Missed it by that much! :D
Tache3

Post by Tache3 »

Isaac wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:28 pm No new posts in two weeks. Or am I missing something?
I've seen similar questions asked in many forums over the last few years. Unfortunately the amount of traffic and contributions to nearly all have gradually dropped off since the late 2010s. This decline has coincided exactly with the rise of Facebook. I think people prefer the more instant gratification they get from social media, it also feeds the ego to see comments and posts 'liked' and shared. Its also more convenient to post and comment on multiple pages with a single member profile, than having to log in and out of each separate forum. Forums have now become more niche with a smaller pool of contributors, which is a shame as I love the forum format, its so much more civilised than the social media scrum.

Online communities are only going to be as active as their members, so anyone who values these places needs to contribute to keep them alive.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

All that is true. Still, my recollection is that we rarely went more than one day with no new posts. Two weeks struck me as pretty extreme. But hey, we seem to be back on track now.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”