Tom's use of a Rick double-neck for American Girl video

Discussing the music of Tom Petty
scoobster28
Veteran RRF member

Tom's use of a Rick double-neck for American Girl video

Post by scoobster28 »

This might be old news to most Tom Petty fans but I just came across a video of the Heartbreakers playing "American Girl" on the show "Fridays". It looks like Tom is using a Jetglo 362/12. I know the song was originally recorded without a 12 string, but by the time this clip was made he either bought or borrowed one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nbHpF7-qk

I was wondering if he used this guitar on other promotional or concert videos. It's a neat guitar. Thanks.
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Tom's use of a Rick double-neck for American Girl video

Post by jps »

Nice! 8)
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

He's posing with it on the back cover of Hard Promises, and on the inner sleeve of Full Moon Fever, for what it's worth.

He may have bought it at Norm's, because there's a shot of him (with Norm Harris, I believe) and that guitar.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

scoobster28 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:36 pm This might be old news to most Tom Petty fans but I just came across a video of the Heartbreakers playing "American Girl" on the show "Fridays". It looks like Tom is using a Jetglo 362/12. I know the song was originally recorded without a 12 string, but by the time this clip was made he either bought or borrowed one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nbHpF7-qk

I was wondering if he used this guitar on other promotional or concert videos. It's a neat guitar. Thanks.
Ahhh...and Vox Super Beatle amps and cabs that are only ten years old, and probably cost $200 per rig. Those were the days.
scoobster28
Veteran RRF member

Post by scoobster28 »

Thanks all! Very helpful.

Return to “Tom Petty Forum: by Jake Kety”