Moving to San Francisco...

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

a warm San Francisco night is a contridiction of terms ... I used to have to heat my house on many summer evenings ... I had to quit wearing short pants and short sleve shirts ... that wind off of the Pacific can really be cold ...

Hey John ... that 4003s5 is a real player and looker ... I put new saddles on the bridge and widened the spacing to 2 1/4" ... the tung oil finish makes it lighter and sound different than my other 4003s5 basses ... and the v63 type mods are nice ...
s_gunderson
Veteran RRF member

Post by s_gunderson »

Many thanks for your kind responses! Being in 'cool' San Francisco beats being in 95 degrees with high humidity in Pennsylvania any day. Now all I need is a job -anybody out there looking for a dedicated guy who loves RICs?
I shamelessly live for RIC and Roll
beatcomber

Post by beatcomber »

Yeah, "warm San Franciscan nights" - that's a larf! I think we have about 3 warm nights a year. In my neighborhood (near Mt. Davidson) after 4 PM the wind and fog start whipping through off the ocean.

Steven - What kind of work are you looking for? I also came out here from Pennsylvania (State College, to be exact) 16 years ago.
jamie

Post by jamie »

Wow- surprised there are quite a few fellow Bay Area forum members here!

Welcome to SF Steve, I'm sure you'll get used to the weather here sooner or later!
s_gunderson
Veteran RRF member

Post by s_gunderson »

I am finishing a PhD in religious studies from an English university, but I am open to anything. I have good community and person skills. Misty tonight-English weather! I love it! Any weekend warrior musicians out there in San Francisco wanting to play rock or blues?
I shamelessly live for RIC and Roll
gstuadams

Post by gstuadams »

Yeah, I know a scattering of folks to jam with. I'm pretty much a hack but some of them are very good. Now if I could only finish soundproofing the attic ....

But give a call, I'll hook you up.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”