New Member Introduction

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

hawkypuck

New Member Introduction

Post by hawkypuck »

Hi . . .

I just bought the Jetglo 330 that beatlenut was selling, so I'm once again a Rickenbacker owner. Image

I used to have a red 620 with black binding and hardware, but sold it years ago when I decided to concentrate mainly on acoustic work. I've missed having a Rickenbacker . . .

I'm still primarily a fingerstyle acoustic player; in fact, I'm headed into the studio next month to record a couple of CDs for a national label. I play a mix of traditional Celtic music and contemporary originals. If you want to read more about me, or hear some of my music, venture over to my website: www.jimtozier.com. (If anyone is interested in buying my debut CD, I offer it for $10 shipped on other forums I'm on--and will do the same here. Just add a note to the e-mail/PayPal payment saying you're from the Rickenbacker forum).

The 330 is just for "fun" . . . and I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun playing it! Also looking forward to getting to know a few of you. Image
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Welcome back to the fold Jim....
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
350v63owner

Post by 350v63owner »

Hello Folks!

I am a newbie to the group. Own a 350V63 Rickenbacker and now I have my sights set on getting myself a 660 in the Montazuma Brown finish. The photo of the one I saw elsewhere in this site knocked my socks off. I have loved Rickenbacker guitars since the night I saw John Lennon use his on the first appearance of the Ed SUllivan show. That is dating myself but.....
An interesting thing, the 350 is the only guitar I have ever bought without having even picking one up. They are scarce as hen's teeth here in Vermont so I said what the heck, I've wanted one for the last 38 years, times a wasting. I have since found a really nice dealer in rural Maine of all places and that's only 3 hours from home.
Now, on to the 660!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to The Rickenbacker Forum Ralph. Congratulations on your new Rickenbacker. I have a very special place in my heart for the Model 350.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

From one Simmons to another, welcome! Image
350v63owner

Post by 350v63owner »

Thank's John for the welcome!
I have learned a lot, this is an amazing place.
Hopefully I will get a picture of "Arlene" my fireglo 350 up but for whatever reason I am having a bear of a time reducing the size of my images to be able to be used. I shall keep trying.
oreca
Intermediate Member

Post by oreca »

If you want me to resize them and post them for you you can send your picture(s) to oreca1337@hotmail.com
I'll be glad to do it and yes, welcome to the board!
350v63owner

Post by 350v63owner »

Thank you so much for this favor Patrick! I really can't wait to see the photo on the board!
oreca
Intermediate Member

Post by oreca »

Here you go!
The maximum dimensions are 500x500 and the size is 36kb, so I had to reduce the quality just a bit but other then that it should be fine. Image

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The quality of this instrument still shines through.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
350v63owner

Post by 350v63owner »

WOW!
Thank's again Patrick! I will be getting some sort of photo manipulation program. Your effforts are very much appreciated.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”