Help on a Supersonic B-16 Ric amp

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Craig_Powell

Help on a Supersonic B-16 Ric amp

Post by Craig_Powell »

I am researching some info on my Father-in-law's Ric SS B-16 amp. This is as bass amp with 4-10" Jensens-piggyback style. He is thinking of selling it and has no clue of its' value. He bought it new in Jan.'66. I haven't come up with much on the net till I found this forum and it looks like there is a wealth of knowledge here. Any help would be appreciated.
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Hard to say. As with anything, it depends on the buyer. Fortunately for us Rick collectors, Rickenbacker amplifiers haven't appreciated like their Fender counterparts, and for the most part are still quite affordable. Here in California, B-16's show up for around $400-$500 and find new homes in that price range. There was one locally well known example priced at $750 at a pawnshop. It sat there for about four years and finally sold for $500. In other parts of the world, prices could be quite different. If you decide to sell it, try eBay first. Set an inflated reserve and watch the fun begin. It likely will not sell (if it does, good for you!), but at least you'll get a good pcture of what it's worth from the bids you do get and it's worth the few dollars in eBay fees just to have the knowledge. Good luck!
Show him the shirts, Adrian.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”