What Happened to the Toneman?

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

squid

What Happened to the Toneman?

Post by squid »

Is it just me or has the "Talk to the Toneman" forum completely vanished? I quite enjoyed it, although postings were admittedly sporadic. Might I suggest a new forum where folks can discuss amp choices, effects, speakers, cables, etc.? There's nothing else on the forum that quite fits ... I always feel guilty dropping things like "Best Chorus Pedal" into the guitar forum or even the general forum.
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

I was just going to post the same commentImage
Buy it before someone else does.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John and Bob: Thanks for your comments. The Toneman Topic has been Archived while the move takes place. There are at least two issues here.

The first is that the Toneman, as gracious and willing as he has been, no longer seems to have the time to respond to questions. As such, "Talk To The Toneman" has not recently been about his reponses to questions but the views of others. This is fine with me, but to refer to it as the "Toneman" is currently misleading and I did not feel that Don would necessarily agree with the advice given by others in a Forum associated with his name. Should Don have the time, and my recent correspondence with him would argue otherwise, I would be pleased to give it another whirl.

Second: This topic area is not extensively used and as such it sits there taking up space while one wonders how useful it is for others.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
squid

Post by squid »

Still, I wouldn't mind having a generic "non-Don" area to discuss "tone" issues. I'm very interested in what other equipment and techniques people are using with their Rickenbackers. The problem is that a thread like "What's Your Current Set-Up" doesn't seem to fit four-square with a specialized board like "Rickenbacker Guitars" or "Rickenbacker Basses" which I always view as being primarily about the instruments themselves. Likewise, the "General" board doesn't seem to be quite right. Naturally, Peter, it's your forum and we love you for maintaining it in the manner that you do, but a non-Don "Rickenbacker Rigs" board (for lack of a better term) would be a lot of fun.

As for you, Don, I hope that you're busy in a good way, having fun and making lots of music!

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”