Lennon's new airport

The history and music of the Fab Four

Lennon's new airport

Post by 4001 »

Looks like the town of Liverpool has renamed it's airport to the John Lennon Liverpool Airport.
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

Yeah I guess it doesn't make any sense to name the Liverpool airport after John Lennon. I mean, what did he ever do for Liverpool?
whitfordstholmes

Post by whitfordstholmes »

Well, of course Nick is right about Lennon's contribution to Liverpool (an airport?), but I think what 4001 is saying is that Yoko's been pretty loose with some of the merchandising. You can find his likeness and signature on a number of things... like the 325. To be honest, I don't think John would ever have gone for a 'signature' model if he were alive- and I'm a Beatles AND Rickenbacker fan. Personally, I think she is trying to link her name with all of HIS accomplishments (which, let's face it, are almost ALL Beatle related) in a classic example of 'reflected glory'. Even some of the Fab's stuff the last few years has been suspect. I mean, frickin' LIGHTERS for crying out loud!
Dear Yoko: I think you want to work the John Lennon, Man of Peace angle, and less of John Lennon, Vehicle for MERCHANDISING shtick.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”