Strap bolts

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

cy_culpin

Strap bolts

Post by cy_culpin »

hello,
i have a ric 360 6-string, and the top/front strap lock keeps coming undone during practice or a gig.
i am very frightened that it will lose its thread in the guitar and become a major problem rather than a minor one.
is it screwed straight into the wood or is it screwed into a nut?
also, i have had schaller strap locks wear out on me before on previous guitars, could this be why the peg keeps coming undone??
i could really do with your help as the shop where i got it from dont seem to be much help at all.
thanks
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

You have two ways to go that are 'stock'

one ,you can put a little yellow wood workes glue on the threads and screw the bolt back in.It is threaded directly into the maple.
2- you can order from the Rickenbacker factory the replacement staplocks that fit with NO modifications to the guitar at all.Just unthread the bolt and install the strap locks.

personally I love Schaller strap locks as I have seen too many of the Dunlop/novus system locks break.Yes the Schaller locks do wear ,but they last longer.The other option is to do some kind of dog lease /clip system ...but that hacks up the finish and looks like you don't have any style.
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”