New answer arrows

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I didn't change anything. How do you find out the settings for cookies? And to change these settings?
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

Jeff, If your using Internet Explorer, go to tools, internet options, privacy, and down at the bottom where it says "web sites" click edit and copy and paste this web sites address to allow cookies. That did it for me.
Hope it helpsImage
Buy it before someone else does.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Edited, I was posting the same as Bob at the same time.
"The best things in life aren't things."
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks! Image
dave4004
Veteran RRF member

Post by dave4004 »

I never lost the arrows. So I never got shafted like some of you. Archer going to ask why? Maybe it's because I'm using Mozilla Firefox, not IE.
oreca
Intermediate Member

Post by oreca »

Actually Dave I'm using Firefox too and the second day during the switch the arrows weren't there...
But hasn't happened since I think.

But as I tell all my friends I highly recommend switching to Firefox... I could go on and on why it's better but I won't.

You can check it out at: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html
rictified

Post by rictified »

My browser settings were not allowing certain things from this forum in and I set it to allow all the time.
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

Pat or Dave, If you switch from IE to Firefox, can you still use Outlook Express as your email client?
oreca
Intermediate Member

Post by oreca »

I personally don't use a email client, but I don't think you should have any problems since both programs work alone.

You still keep IE on your computer so if you don't really like Firefox for whatever reason you can always switch back to IE.
bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Post by bottom4 »

What do you do if you're om aol? No arrows and I have to keep typing in my username and password!
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

You can still use IE or Firefox with AOL.
I am going to give Firefox a try. I'm fed up with IE.
dave4004
Veteran RRF member

Post by dave4004 »

Yes, you can still use Outlook Express. But once you try Mozilla Thunderbird, chances are you won't go back to Outlook Express. And you can import your address book and all existing messages from OE.

Thunderbird has a Bayesian logic spam filter which traps most spam that gets by your ISP right off the bat, and "learns" which other messages are spam by you marking them as junk. And if a legit message gets caught by the filter, you can teach it to recognize the sender as "not junk".

Also, Thunderbird's default setting blocks all remote images in emails from loading unless the sender is in your address book. This protects your privacy and protects you from potential spyware and viruses. You can override it on an individual basis or (if you're foolhardy) change the settings.

I'm not a Microsoft-hater. And once every couple of days I still have to open IE because a page just doesn't want to load right in Firefox. But Microsoft will need to make a lot of improvements to security, features, speed and ease of operation before I'd ever reconsider using IE (or OE) on a regular basis.
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

Thanks Dave, I am going to try both. I hope I don't loose all my old email messages. I can back up my address book.
dave4004
Veteran RRF member

Post by dave4004 »

No, you won't lose the existing messages or address book (or your IE bookmarks). It doesn't transfer them, it copies them.
mortivan

Post by mortivan »

Thanks Pete. I changed the IE privacy configuration to allow cookies from www.rickresource.com and www.mjh.ca. The arrows are back Image.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”