Madonna

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Madonna

Post by admin »

Madonna's bassplayer used a RIC 4003 (?) on her recent tour, Madonna played a Les Paul...!!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Ever seen Madonna's Behind The Music on VH-1? She used a 420 FG (I think) in her new wave days...there's film of it and everything! Always knew there was something to her... Image
rob
Veteran RRF member

Post by rob »

There was? I only noticed those cone-shaped things.... Ohhh, nevermind.
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

I just saw that VH1 clip tonight and Madonna was playing some "sort" of 420 or 450. The headstock looked different from the ones that say Rickenbacker. What also shocked me was that she actually appeared to be playing. I thought that on her last tour she supposedly "learned" how to play guitar for one specific song? I don't think she was faking it with the Rick.
corey

Post by corey »

I'm always suspicious when an artist says "I just learned to play guitar"... Chances are, they already knew how to play, but never felt comfortable enough to do it live.

Bono played guitar as early as 1984 I think, but wouldn't even want credit for it until 1987.

Michael Stipe recorded a "guitar song" on a 1998 R.E.M. album in which he said he "didn't know how to play", but photos exist of him with a guitar (strumming it knowingly) circa 1991-92.

I think it's just a trick of the trade.
rickengrowl
Veteran RRF member

Post by rickengrowl »

Robert : I agree. Madonna's early-90's Jean-Paul Gaultier double-cutaway waspie was a GREAT axe. May John Hall be inspired enough to provide customers with that kind of double-cutaway option in the future (something that could be called Rick-O-Fedexed-Girl) Image
Bass player for Next (FR)

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”