Changes To The Rickenbacker Forum

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
admin
Site Admin

Changes To The Rickenbacker Forum

Post by admin »

In the interest of adding legitimacy to the comments made by all visitors to The Rickenbacker Forum there have been some changes made with regard to access and there are likely to be more on the horizon. This is in an attempt to insure that comments come from a source that can be identified. As a first step there will be an IP posted next to responses and a password will be required for posting on The Rickenbacker Forum. To this end it will be necessary to register in order to obtain a password. I apologize for the security but find these steps necessary at this time.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

Peter, I've been registered for quite some time now, but how does one go about editing one's profile to change one's "username" (i.e., the name which shows up in one's postings)?

Posting to this forum without logging in currently brings up this message suggesting that "revising" one's "username" is indeed an option.

Quote:Authentication Error

. . . You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page. However, there is no form at the bottom of the page to facilitate this function, nor does there seem to be any way to "revise" one's "Username" in one's own personal "Profile Editor".

Thanks in advance for any assistance in this regard.

Terry
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Terry: Thanks I can always count on you for a Zinger! Kidding aside, if you click on Register and then enter your name and passsword, it is possible to scroll down and then change the information at the bottom of the page. At least it worked for me. This is the only way that I am aware of. I will of course, now that you have found this anomaly, get on the case. Thanks Lt.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Terry: At the present time it is not possible for users to change their own username. This will, I understand, be considered in the next upgrade of the Forum software. I will do my best to keep you posted.

terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

Lt. Peter: Thanks for your informative replies. Didn't mean to throw you a "Zinger"! I just thought it would be nice if I simply went by my real name on this board, and just lose the old screen name.

In light of the current Forum software limitations you refer to, and in light of the fact that the current Forum software also does not allow anyone already registered to register again using the same e-mail address, might it be possible to "unregister," as it were, and then re-register with the appropriate info? Or does the current Forum software not allow anyone to "unregister"?

Thanks again for any light you might be able to shed in this regard.

Terry
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Captain Terry: "To be or not to be that is the question."

Unregistration is my specialty. Please drop me a line. When you give me the details I will.....

terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

Lt. Peter: "Whether 'tis nobler in the mind [gardens] to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune ..."

I believe you've already received my e-mail.

jnbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by jnbass »

Locutus,

"Resistence to registration is futile, prepare for assimilation..."
Buy it before someone else does
russmanuel
Veteran RRF member

Post by russmanuel »

Peter,
Recently , the "Search" utility has been functioning in an unusual manner. It seems to miss posts when set to list "posts since my last check".For example , Jared's post above was not listed this morning when I first checked in and was only found through looking at the " last day" posts under "discussion". Would recent changes to the forum have had any effect ?
Many thanks for the work you do with the Forum. I've acquired an appreciation for these fine instruments through reading these pages over the last 6 months.
RM

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”