Mac compatability

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

henry5
Advanced Member

Mac compatability

Post by henry5 »

I'm currently looking at the possibility of buying an Apple Mac, but have heard that some websites are not very Mac friendly. As I spend half my life on this Forum I'd be grateful to know if anyone out there has a Mac and has experienced any problems of this kind with the Forum. I'd hate to find out too late! Just don't get too technical please!
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
jeff_ulmer
Intermediate Member

Post by jeff_ulmer »

No problems from these Macs.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I've used Macs as my primary computers since 1980. I'm currently using a late ("Blue and White") G3 that's stock except for increased memory and an additional hard drive.

I have yet to experience any incompatibility issues with any websites. I've had none with this Forum.

New Macs are better and faster and come with all the software installed to enable them to survive in a Windows world.

If you're looking at a used Mac, buyer beware. They are inexpensive and rugged, but check them out thoroughly. I suggest G4 or later, running OS 10.3.X.

One more BIG bonus: 98% of viruses do not affect Macs.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
oreca
Intermediate Member

Post by oreca »

I wouldn't really worry about websites not working but more of your favorite software, check your programs to make sure they have Mac compatibility...
If you're not sure you can check their company website.

But from what I heard from alot of Mac users is that they are good computers.
kingkerouac

Post by kingkerouac »

I use a G4 Mac at work and a G4 iBook at home, both have no problems at all with this forum.

Regards
Kieran
marctrain57

Post by marctrain57 »

Never had a problem. You will occasionally find a web site thats works better with internet explorer rather than safari but as each mac comes with both you'll be fine. I have to at home and run my business off three others at work.
henry5
Advanced Member

Post by henry5 »

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to hear! If I'd lost the Forum .....well, I probably would't have been buying a Mac anymore!
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
johnashfield
Veteran RRF member

Post by johnashfield »

Once you go Mac, a PC just seems so clunky.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Uh-oh. I knew it'd get around to this one, but I didn't want to be the one to say it.

Sooooo...TRUE!

(Mac user since 1980, when 64K RAM and a daisy wheel printer was $5500.00!)
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

I'm loving my mac. A G4 Powerbook.
emswife

Post by emswife »

Mac here as well... no problems, mate...
"Whatcha ya gonna do now, Rich?"

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”