Playing out in Central, IL

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jaybic

Playing out in Central, IL

Post by jaybic »

Hello all. After seeing that a few of us forumites live in south/central IL, I just wanted to let all know that the band I am in, Home by Eleven, will be playing at McGuire's in Farmersville, IL on 2/25 and 3/4 at 9pm. Farmersville is just off of I-55. Maybe there'll be a mini-Illini-confluence there!
lshaia
Veteran RRF member

Post by lshaia »

I'll try to make at least one date, Jason. I'm meeting with some college friends this Friday; we are old 80s guys, so if you'll work in a few Ultravox songs I'll try to talk 'em into a road trip ;-) Unfortunately it's not the trip down that's the pain, it's the repeated stops on the way back.
jaybic

Post by jaybic »

I hear ya'. It's always the return trip that's the killer. I think that the drinks there are a lot cheaper than Springfield. I say "I think" b/c being in the band, the beer is free. Anyone want to be a roadie for a night? ;)
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

Jason - I am planning to be there this Friday night. Bring on your Jetglo!
lshaia
Veteran RRF member

Post by lshaia »

"Anyone want to be a roadie for a night?" And put Mrs. B. out of work? No thanks.

Hopefully I can join you both for a bit this Friday. Don't have any orange and blue clothing anymore, though, or is this more of a plaid shirt and feed cap sort of place?
jaybic

Post by jaybic »

LOL! Yeah, plaid shirt and feed cap would describe this place rather nicely. There's a band name for ya' Plaid Shirt and the Feed Caps. I'm gonna right that one down. Great Dean. I plan on seeing you at your gig on Saturday night as well!
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

Jason - if you can make it Saturday night, that's great. 5th & Monroe, 9pm start. Not sure if there's a cover or not. It'll be small if there is one. I'll play my #1, the midnight blue. If you want, I'll bring my mapleglo as a backup and you can check em out between sets.
jaybic

Post by jaybic »

Sa-Weet! Is that what used to be Jake and Elwoods?
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

Yes, the old Jake and Elwood's. It got bought out by a group of Springfield firefighters and remamed the Firehouse Tavern. The walls are lined with firefighter gear, they installed a fire pole that girls like to shimmy up and sign the ceiling off of, and there's a fire hydrant mounted to the bar that I've heard you might not want to touch, owing to where/what it's been in contact with.

Great place, though. It's usually packed when we play there, and folks end up dancing on the bar, etc.

We'll be playing 4 sets of mostly covers with a few of our originals thrown in, so drop in whenever you can.
jaybic

Post by jaybic »

I've never been in there since the switch to the Firehouse. Sounds like a good time. We play just covers. Always a battle trying to pick which new songs to add b/c one member likes both kinds of music - country and western - our keyboard player is strictly blues through and through and the other 2 members, twin brothers used to be in a Pearl Jam cover band. We're coming at it from all sides!
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

We do 2 country songs, both of which are more crowd participation singalongs than anything. The rest of our stuff is rock/pop, quite a mix of classics, new ones, 80's, etc. Fun stuff. See you (and hopefully other IL Rick Forum folks) tomorrow.
jaybic

Post by jaybic »

Jeez - I post a little thread about playing in central, IL - then some guy named John Hall makes another post right after me and hi-jacks the whole forum. Who does he think he is? The president of Ricken....oh wait.....nevermind Image
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

Jason - it was great to meet you tonight, and my wife and I really enjoyed the show.

I took the liberty of posting a picture under the Rickenbacker Basses section of the Forum, titled "Mini-Mini Confluence."

Didn't we initially start this thread under an 'Announcements' folder? Must have been moved to Rickenbacker Forum Comments, unless I'm mistaken.

Anyhow, great show, Jason!

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”