Any motorcyclists here?

General Information

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

phlemmy

Any motorcyclists here?

Post by phlemmy »

It got up to 71 here today (back down to 40 tomorrow) so I decided to take off early get my Sportster on the road again. It felt great although it was pretty windy. I long for the hot days of summer.

Who else rides?

Oh, I think I got a rocker cover leak. d'oh!
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

I'm a biker as well as a guitarist!
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

Do my Vespa scooters count? They're actually more for looking at than driving. Neither have current tags, etc. Got '64 90cc and a '66 125cc. Motorcycles are too scary for me. I feel much safer on the track in a racecar, strapped in with a flame suit on. At least racers are paying attention to their driving, unlike 'civilians'.
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

Hey Randy, do you get to the Arlington show in October?
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

Yep. I usually go. This year looked the same as last year (same people, same booths, same guitars). Made a quick lap around the place and headed home. Last year I picked up a mint '96 Gibson J160E. Yes, I buy guitars other than Rickenbackers!
jaymi
Advanced Member

Post by jaymi »

I am in the process of searching for an old harley. Shovelhead maybe or panhead if I am feeling daring....
78 Purple 4001
88 BLACKSTAR
89 BLACKSTAR
89 Mid Blue
91 Mid Blue
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

keep the wrenches handy, Jaymi!
incubus2432

Post by incubus2432 »

Jaymi....get an Evo at least.....you won't be sorry. A decent early '90's softail can be had for a decent buck if you have people looking out for you and you are a little patient. I've had my share of helping my buddies keep their Pans and Shovels going and it gets old after awhile....if you're into for the restoration aspect then have at it but if you don't like to get dirty often it might be best to look elsewhere.

I foolishly sold my '91 Fatboy a few years ago and regretted it pretty soon after so I bought an '03 Fatboy in the fall of that year. Can't wait for Spring Image. I'd post a pic but since ain't a Ric it wouldn't be fair to the bandwidth.....
jaymi
Advanced Member

Post by jaymi »

Yep, I thought about a heritage softail with some nice fishtails on it....we shall see.
78 Purple 4001
88 BLACKSTAR
89 BLACKSTAR
89 Mid Blue
91 Mid Blue
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Yep. I've got an old Kawasaki LTD 550. Too small for me now, but it was good to learn on 11 years ago. I just never got around to buying another, but I have been looking at newer Triumphs lately.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Joe, on the left, works for Liberty Harley-Davidson North in Boston Heights, Ohio. Maybe he can fix you guys up with a bike!

You'll need to talk with Chris about the bass, though! Image
nick_st_hilaire

Post by nick_st_hilaire »

Have an old '80 Sportster I bought when I was 17. Iron heads, no rubber engine mounts, no hydraulic clutch. LOL, still love it.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm all day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

the new triumphs are GREAT.
incubus2432

Post by incubus2432 »

Jeffrey......that's where I bought both my bikes (at Liberty H-D).....I'll have to say hello next time I'm there Image. I wonder if I get a discount on parts if I wear in one of my Ric t-shirts.....
ibmindless

Post by ibmindless »

I had several bikes; my last being a 1983 Honda 650 Turbo, which I bought brand, spankin' new in 1988. I did a few upgrades to it, but 9 months later my wife & I were being scraped off the highway. So, I gradually lost my love of riding.

I will add that there is nothing that compares to the wonderful feelings of riding a motorcycle, but...

Return to “Trivia”