12 String Tuners

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Folkie
Advanced Member

Re: 12 String Tuners

Post by Folkie »

Bob,

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over this: You'll get used to the tuner arrangement in a minute.

Robert
ByrdBro

Post by ByrdBro »

All I can say is tuning the 12 string is a lot more fun than restringing it!!! :wink:
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

ByrdBro wrote:All I can say is tuning the 12 string is a lot more fun than restringing it!!! :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
JimK
James Dean

Post by James Dean »

:|
silvergp05 wrote:I just got my new 360-12C63 and the tuners are driving me nuts. The bass string tuners (Low E-A-D) are configured so that the back tuning pegs tune the top or bass string of the pair while the treble string tuners are configured so that the back tuning pegs tune the bottom string of the pair. Is this the factory norm ? I keep grabbing the wrong peg....I intend on fixing it when I re-string it.
Im a lefty and found it weird/ and difficult reaching behind to tune the octave tuning pegs so switched them so they are facing frontwards. I looked and couldn't find any photos of others who had done the same . Recently I heard Roger Mcguinn ( The Byrd's) does the same so I'm in good company. Wish I could play as well as him though.
Anyways,SO much easier to tune and for the life of can't figure out why Rickenbacker never did this. Even putting the guitar down made me uncomfortable thinking I could damage the octave tuners facing he ground.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Welcome. Whatever works for you, go for it. I think most people prefer the aesthetic of the tuners to the back like on most slot-head guitars (like classicals and old Martins). But my question is, you set the guitar on the floor? You just spent $2K - 3K (?) on a guitar, drop another $30 and get a good stand! :) Anyway, glad to have you here. Enjoy the nice new guitar! And share soem pictures!
bvstudios

Post by bvstudios »

Another question- when you reverse the octave tuners, do the knobs touch the case when it's closed???

I'd be worried a little about the chance of some damage while IN the case.
JANGLE

Post by JANGLE »

I just refer to this when I string mine.

RICKENBACKER 12 STRING

POST D OCT G POST

SPINDLE OCT D G SPINDLE

POST A B SPINDLE

SPINDLE OCT A B POST

POST E E SPINDLE

SPINDLE OCT E E POST

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”