Source for Rickenbacker 95404 strings

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jsegovia

Source for Rickenbacker 95404 strings

Post by jsegovia »

Merry Christmas, everyone! Last night I was playing my gift to myself, a 2015 360/12c63, when I did something I don't think I've done in more than a decade - I broke a string! I broke the high G string just tuning it. The strings on the guitar are probably a bit old, but fortunately I had a single 10 lying around so I'm all set for now.

I've got a set of RicStrings.com Compressed Wound 12 String Electric Strings .010-.042 on order, as well as a set of D'addario EXL150s so I can compare different types of strings, but I'd also like a set of Rickenbacker 95404 strings for comparison. So far the only source I can find is a source on Amazon that sells them for $59.99 plus $5.05 for shipping. Unless these strings are really going to be eight times better than the D'addarios or more than twice as good as the ricstrings, that's out of my range for guitar strings.

Does anyone have a better, more reasonably priced source for Rickenbacker 95404s?

Thanks!

Jesse
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Re: Source for Rickenbacker 95404 strings

Post by Hotzenplotz »

jsegovia

Post by jsegovia »

Hotzenplotz wrote:Maybe here we go:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/rickenback ... string.htm

Merry Christmas!
Thanks very much! It looks like while the strings are $26.15, shipping costs to the Boston area are $31.60. I may have to hold off on the Rick strings for a while!

Jesse
Clifton

Post by Clifton »

I'm lucky. My local guitar store, Fuller's Vintage Guitars, which is also a Rickenbacker dealer, carries Rickenbacker string sets. I usually buy a couple of sets for the very reason the OP listed--in case I break a string.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

On the D'Addario set, so the G string pair will intonate correctly, swap out the 17 plain G string for a 20 wound. The other sets have a wound unison G string so the pair will intonate properly on the six-saddle bridge.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”