620/12 what kind of strings need to use and some other quest

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

mrsoul

Re: 620/12 what kind of strings need to use and some other q

Post by mrsoul »

jdogric12 wrote:
mrsoul wrote:Hello again
and thanks for your kind replies here...so at the end , as for brand new guitars, I'll try to buy two kind of strings, Ric and another one, to make compare
About pick-ups, wait to listen the sound of this guitar - it's my very first time play a Ric - and then I'll try , if don t like Hi-Gain pups - to change them with toaster...so one more question for you all : I read somewhere that Toaster pick ups produced now are really different from the original from 60's. A resistance value of 11k vs 7.4k...is it true?...so what I should, eventually, find anywhere?..thanks again..
The toasters from the early 80's to 1999 are called "hot" toasters and are more similar to hi-gains, 11k I think. In 1999 they introduced what are often called "scatterwound" toasters that more closely resemble the sound of 60's toasters, and are 7.4k IIRC.
Thank you for your kind reply...so the scatterwound are then less powerful ..so I need to search for toasters from 60's or 70's and/or those ones they re producing now....right?
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: 620/12 what kind of strings need to use and some other q

Post by jps »

mrsoul wrote:...so the scatterwound are then less powerful ..so I need to search for toasters from 60's or 70's and/or those ones they re producing now....right?
I'd put it as the hot toaster is louder and darker sounding than the "first-run" and the modern scatterwounds.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”