Welsh guitarist Chris Buck with a key question

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

LeedsLad

Welsh guitarist Chris Buck with a key question

Post by LeedsLad »

Hi I just thought I'd post up a link to an exciting & creative Welsh guitarist Chris Buck. He has a great YouTube channel "Friday Fretworks". What stands out for me is his playing & how he films it. Well today he was looking at Rickenbacker.
https://youtu.be/Os5jgQTEIvc
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Re: Welsh guitarist Chris Buck with a key question

Post by Tommy »

Yes, when I come across his videos I watch them and enjoy them.

He's good, his opinions are his own and not stated to try to win over friends. He recently did a video stating that the SG is merely a stepping stone guitar for those who want a Les Paul. Well, that video didn't go over well with the folks at an SG forum.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nicholas, thanks for a great first post. Welcome.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
espidog

Post by espidog »

Really enjoyed listening to what he had to say in that vid - and stone me, but the boy can play! :D
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100
LeedsLad

Post by LeedsLad »

Thanks Peter, better late than never.
To introduce myself I'm a retired psychiatric nurse living in God's Own County Yorkshire. I purchased my first Ric last year after a lifetime of admiration of its sounds & the artists that use them.
I have a 2009 330/12 in Mapleglo with toasters. She is well travelled having started life in Ramona California (according to the Register) then moved to Milan in Italy. I bought her via Reverb & she has been set up by my tech who also works on Duane Eddy's, Bill Nelson & Richard Hawley's guitars.
The Chris Buck videos Do seem to have provocative titles but they're usually quite considered content, and I like his playing.
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

Thanks for that link! Fantastic talents. I subscribed to his channel, my first ever subscription. There are lots of presentations already there to go through. I'm wondering if there is one on compression pedals, e.g., Rick and the Compressors.... I'll have to look.
espidog

Post by espidog »

Also, I think this is the first time I've had the fifth knob thing explained to me. At least, I think I get the gist. Let's see if I've understood it properly...

When both pickups are selected, the neck pup obeys the setting of its own master volume knob. When the neck pup is selected on its own, it obeys the setting of the 5th knob.

Did I get it right?
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”