Ordered another Ric 360. The bug is real.

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

knightrich

Ordered another Ric 360. The bug is real.

Post by knightrich »

Many of you helped me decide which model to get a while back and I had finally ordered a Mapleglo 360 from Sweetwater. I was pleased at first but had trouble getting used to the neck, coming from a fairly wide Gibson SG. Now, I was dead set on returning it. My friend suggested I play it at church to give it one more go and I don’t know what happened but it just felt good all of a sudden. No hand tingles, cramps, etc.

So, I had bought the Mapleglo because it was the only color in stock. But, the Jetglo bug kept getting to me. I saw pictures of Peter Buck and Johnny Marr and thought “that looks so slick!” Well I found one in stock, brand new at a store I’d never even heard of and now a Jetglo 360 will be here this Saturday.

Addicted. That didn’t take long.
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Ordered another Ric 360. The bug is real.

Post by jps »

Excellent !.jpg
Excellent !.jpg (11.23 KiB) Viewed 2228 times
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Congrats!

We will expect to see some pictures, you know ... :shock: 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Cool... but now you have a 360 MG and 360 JG? Might want to sell the MG and get something with a little more variety, right? Like a 12-string perhaps?
knightrich

Post by knightrich »

The search continues! Yes. That is a great idea!
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

jdogric12 wrote:Cool... but now you have a 360 MG and 360 JG? Might want to sell the MG and get something with a little more variety, right? Like a 12-string perhaps?
Sell the MG? I feel a lack of MG appreciation Jason :lol:

But, I am happy the Rickie is no longer alone, family is growing! Congrats Richard :D
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
knightrich

Post by knightrich »

I have someone quasi-local that is interested in buying the Mapleglo now. Hopefully it works out.

Do you ever see people using a 330/12 and only using 6 strings? I have a feeling it may be more complicated than that but was curious. I thought it may be interesting to have the option of both in one guitar if possible.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

knightrich wrote:I have someone quasi-local that is interested in buying the Mapleglo now. Hopefully it works out.

Do you ever see people using a 330/12 and only using 6 strings? I have a feeling it may be more complicated than that but was curious. I thought it may be interesting to have the option of both in one guitar if possible.
You can, but it's not great. First of all, the strings will all be shifted over some, not where they would be on a 6er. Second, over long periods you might (MIGHT!) have some minor truss rod issues due to the low tension. Experts I totally trust may chime in here and say it would be fine, and I believe them, but I still don't like to poke the bear. Third... why not track down a 336, 366, or 456? :)
knightrich

Post by knightrich »

I had never heard of these models before! I need to do some digging. Isn’t there a good Rickenbacker book coming out soon? Would be nice to have a reference of sorts. Not to say there isn’t plenty of that here!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jdogric12 wrote:
knightrich wrote:... why not track down a 336, 366, or 456? :)
knightrich wrote:I had never heard of these models before! I need to do some digging.
Here is a 366/12.
Jason - 366-12_1200_8104.jpg
knightrich

Post by knightrich »

Ahhhh ok. That might be out of my budget a bit!!! That explains why I was unfamiliar.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

The old Bacon/Day book has plenty on them in the meantime.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

knightrich wrote:I had never heard of these models before! I need to do some digging. Isn’t there a good Rickenbacker book coming out soon? Would be nice to have a reference of sorts. Not to say there isn’t plenty of that here!
For a quick look at various Rickenbacker models, go to Bjorn Eriksson's website and click on the "Models" link on the left:

http://www.rickbeat.com/
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
knightrich

Post by knightrich »

Ok thanks! Will do. “Out of the frying pan and into the fireglo” was the name of that book I was thinking of. Will be available for preorder July 1 through Phantom Books. Could be cool!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”