B16 B22 question

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

gtrplr2

Re: B16 B22 question

Post by gtrplr2 »

Hello,
I am new to the forum, and this is my first post, I hope it is in the right place. I have recently acquired a 1964 B16A with 4X10 cabinet. I am having a hard time with the schematic for the amp actually matching the amp I have. The caps in the amp were original, but I am not sure why the discrepancy in the layout. I have replaced all of the power supply, and electrolytic’s throughout the amp, and during that process I had several issues come up. When I was replacing caps, the wires on the board were so "brittle" that they literally broke off when they were moved. I have never seen any wires that were so weak. So I replaced all of the wiring following the exact wire one at a time to be sure they were correct. Under the fiber board were a few wires that were not connected, and I thought for sure this could be the problem with the amp. That led me to believe that even though the caps and all other components looked "original" someone had done some work that caused these wires to come loose. So I am hoping that someone has pics of their chassis when it was out that I could compare mine to.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

PM sent.
Tbetts63ss

Post by Tbetts63ss »

Replying to a couple of questions above:
There are three volume controls on my head and one of then is a slightly smaller knob (original and matches). This 3rd knob controls the rca input. The rca inputs are on either side of the first preamp tube...for phono input! The first input is high gain for magnetic photos and the one after the 1st gain stage is for ceramic cartridge photos. Both also work great for guitar with highest gain one similar to dimed Marshall jtm45.

I do have a screen printed Supersonic under the pilot lights but no model.

Serial number on output jack is in mid 700's.

Have never seen another. No trem, no reverb, just 2 extra rca inputs and vol control. Of course two regular vols, 4 reg inputs and treble, bass and brilliante/on-off. Also two switches, grnd reverse and standby. No spkr cabinet.

No idea of the model as in B16, or B22.....????? Btw now has been recapped by Dabeck in Dallas and runs fine now. What a great amp for a ric guitar!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Thank goodnesss... we were wondering what happened to you!

Kidding. Seriously, welcome... back!

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”