The speaker amp capacitors?

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

tanigumi

The speaker amp capacitors?

Post by tanigumi »

I just bought a 1935~36 The Speaker amp and I can't find the values of the can capacitors. one of them reads, 10 MFD 500V. The other one looks different and it is stamped # 68597-6. Any Ideas what the value this can cap is?
tanigumi

Re: The speaker amp capacitors?

Post by tanigumi »

I'll assume one can capacitors is 10-500v. The unmarked one is 2-500v? Probably the same as the same period lunchbox. The internal paper box cap is a 10-500v also. Can anyone confirm my idea?
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: The speaker amp capacitors?

Post by cjj »

It depends a lot on just where in the circuit it is used. Typically, those big can type caps were used in the power supply sections and are rated for a few hundred volts. If one is 500V, the other one quite possibly is too. Probably not likely that is would be higher voltage as most tube (valve) circuits run in the 300V to 400V range. But without knowing what the actual circuit is, it's hard to guess. One thing is certain, going higher in voltage rating for caps never hurts.

These can type caps can be interesting. Sometimes they have more than one capacitor inside. How many terminals does it have?

Do you have a model number for the amp? Might be able to find some circuit info somewhere...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”