Les Claypool

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Dom

Les Claypool

Post by Dom »

One of the elite handful of artists I will do my darndest to see every time they’re around. I’ve seen him live several times sporting a Rickenbacker. At the “Farewell to Kings” Primus show in San Diego last night he recanted being new to bass and going to his first Rush show at the Cow Palace where he and his buddy geeked out over Geddy’s black Rickenbacker and how it looked just like the one his buddy had. Les says he’s had a few in other colors over the years but that he finally has a black one of his own, as well as the double neck. It was met with the cheers of a much approving crowd of fellow bass thirsty music geeks. It was a collective hurrah between artists and audience. I’m glad as hell the two of them went to that show because we have Primus and co as a result. Les brought out the 4080 later for a killer version of Southbound Pachyderm.
Korladis

Re: Les Claypool

Post by Korladis »

Rickenbackers certainly are special in a way that I don't think any other bass is. I can't put my finger on it but it definitely captures the imagination of both player/performer and audience.
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Re: Les Claypool

Post by aceonbass »

I saw some video from Primus' FTK tour, and was not impressed with a lot of Les' playing on the Rush tunes, and he definitely shouldn't sing any Rush. I'm normally impressed by everything Les does, but the Rush tunes need more rehearsal time.

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”