Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Postby (3bound) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 pm

So what's up with Rickenbacker parts?

Seems so many of the parts are back ordered.
newer
One thing I'm looking for is a set of vintage style tuners for a 12 string and seems everyone is out.
And I need a set of 6 long post if I use Kluson or other vintage style...yeah good luck with that too.

After doing quite a bit of searching it appears there are many other parts that are also on back order.
Anyone know what is up?
(3bound)
New member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Re: Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Postby (3bound) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm

These long posts tuners seem to be a Rickenbacker exclusive from my research thus far.

Feel sorry for someone who desperately needs one for a repair or restoration.
If anyone has any info on these I'm all ears.
(3bound)
New member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Re: Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Postby (collin) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:54 pm

3bound wrote:These long posts tuners seem to be a Rickenbacker exclusive from my research thus far.

Feel sorry for someone who desperately needs one for a repair or restoration.
If anyone has any info on these I'm all ears.


This isn't a Gibson or a Fender.

Despite it's place in the pantheon of guitar brands, Rickenbacker is still essentially a low-volume manufacturer (maybe even intentionally!)

Parts are produced in much smaller quantities than the big, corporate guitar brands and they are first used to finish production instruments before parts are made available in the boutique.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool that they even offer parts direct from the factory, even if it means having to be patient sometimes.

Besides, if you want to talk long wait times to complete a restoration, let's talk about the six years it took for me to find a 4005 tailpiece. :lol:
User avatar
(collin)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6815
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Corona, CA, USA

Re: Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Postby (jingle_jangle) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:51 pm

Six years, Collin? You mean you didn't want to pop for that $1000 one that's been on Reverb off and on for the last 3 years? :D
User avatar
(jingle_jangle)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 22673
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:00 am
Location: Attritus nunquam subsisto hic...

Re: Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Postby (collin) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:42 pm

jingle_jangle wrote:Six years, Collin? You mean you didn't want to pop for that $1000 one that's been on Reverb off and on for the last 3 years? :D


:lol:

Perhaps it's part of the wrecked 4005 in Cologne Germany that's been on eBay for something like 15 years. :roll:

I was quite pleased to find a 4005 tailpiece at the very reasonable price of $350 or so. They certainly don't come around often.
User avatar
(collin)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6815
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Corona, CA, USA

Re: Why NO RIC Parts???? everything seems to be backordered

Postby (kennyhowes) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:40 am

collin wrote:
jingle_jangle wrote:Six years, Collin? You mean you didn't want to pop for that $1000 one that's been on Reverb off and on for the last 3 years? :D


:lol:

Perhaps it's part of the wrecked 4005 in Cologne Germany that's been on eBay for something like 15 years. :roll:

I was quite pleased to find a 4005 tailpiece at the very reasonable price of $350 or so. They certainly don't come around often.

I keep thinking about getting that one and doing a wacky customization on it. But not at the asking price!
User avatar
(kennyhowes)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 4780
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 1:03 am
Location: Atlanta, GA USA


Return to "Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest