Janglebell Rock® SCARF 12/8/12

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

The next Southern Calif Rickenbacker Jam - Confluence .... Saturday, December 8th Janglebell Rock® SCARF

Just giving this thread a little "B-U-M-P" looking for some more RSVP's

Saturday, December 8th --- Noon till 6:30 PM

Malone's Bar and Grill
604 East Dyer Road
Santa Ana, CA 92704

You can sign-up to play some favorite Jam songs with the Google spread sheet ---- it's real easy to sign up !

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... fUFE#gid=0

Remember to bring sufficient guitar and bass stands !![/quote]
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

= = = = =
= = = = =

B - U - M - P !!

Keep those RSVPs coming, folks !
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

The final So Cal Rickenbacker enthusiasts event of the year ... join us for some Holiday cheer and Ricken-Jamming at:
Janglebell Rock® SCARF
Saturday December 8th at Malone's Bar and Grill, Noon to 6:30 PM
604 East Dyer Road
Santa Ana 92704

There's still time to RSVP and sign up for songs on the "sign-in" spreadsheet:

The RSVP list so far includes:

Jamming Attendees:

Allison W
Bob S (Original 360)
Albert V.S. (HiFi guy)
Jeff L (drummer friend of Rich)
Mark H (drums)
Colin N
Bobbo and Tracy
Dale E.
Dane (friend of Tim & Dale)
Dan-o
David O.
Frank S.
Gary
Harlan Ray A.
Joey
John & Jenny N (drums and keyboards)
Jonathan
Mark S. (drums)
Nick H.
Scott & Spence J.
Scott K.
Snowman
Steve F.
Rich F.
Rich S. (bassist friend of Dale)
Rob M.
Rudy O. (drums)
Tim O.
Vicky (Ecuababe Rock)

Ben H (Ric_Factory has also RSVP’d)

Maybees:
Brad H
Alberto C (drums)
Louis C.
JT Auger
Tom O'K.

Regrets:
Collin W.
David T. (datru)
Jay H.
Jim K
Vito
Steve T
Jim B (4005Player)

Remember to bring sufficient Guitar and Bass stands for all your instruments !
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4005player

Re: Janglebell Rock® SCARF 12/8/12

Post by 4005player »

Unfortunately, very doubtful that I'll be able to make it on Saturday :( That's the kind of year it's been.....
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Just a few days to go till the Janglebell Rock® SCARF Jam on Saturday ! ! !

Here's a few pictures from the earlier Ricken Jams held at Malone's to whet your appetite for Saturday's main event ! :D
Bobbo on the V64, Jason on the Ric Acoustic and JH on the 4004 playing a Hautewerk number
Bobbo on the V64, Jason on the Ric Acoustic and JH on the 4004 playing a Hautewerk number
Rich on V64 six string and Joey on the Ruby 4004
Rich on V64 six string and Joey on the Ruby 4004
Steve F on the C63-12, Jim H on the 360 and Tony S on lead vocals
Steve F on the C63-12, Jim H on the 360 and Tony S on lead vocals
Jonathan on Big Red and Brad vocals, performing a Ricken-Ramones tune with Cindalee on drums and Scotty on 4001
Jonathan on Big Red and Brad vocals, performing a Ricken-Ramones tune with Cindalee on drums and Scotty on 4001
12-string Jangle ..... Gary on the McGuinn Limited Edition and Rich on the Jetglo V64-12
12-string Jangle ..... Gary on the McGuinn Limited Edition and Rich on the Jetglo V64-12
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

A few more pics from the earlier Ricken Jams at Malone's as a preview for this Saturday .....
Jim H on 360, Tony S on lead vocals, John N on drums, Dan-o on the Double Bound and Joey on the FireGlo 4004
Jim H on 360, Tony S on lead vocals, John N on drums, Dan-o on the Double Bound and Joey on the FireGlo 4004
Dale on the left with his early 60's 360-12NS, Tim on the 4001, Tony S on the lead vocals on "Back in the USSR"
Dale on the left with his early 60's 360-12NS, Tim on the 4001, Tony S on the lead vocals on "Back in the USSR"
J-Dog on the microphone and Joey is Rockin' out on the "S" Bass !!! (Rich and Dan-o's Double Bounds are sporting Oven Knobs)
J-Dog on the microphone and Joey is Rockin' out on the "S" Bass !!! (Rich and Dan-o's Double Bounds are sporting Oven Knobs)
Rich on 360-12 and Louis on the MapleGlo 610
Rich on 360-12 and Louis on the MapleGlo 610
Jerry, Gary and Paulie sharing some vocals
Jerry, Gary and Paulie sharing some vocals
J-Dog on the 370 WB
J-Dog on the 370 WB
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I'll add a few reminders:
We will be giving the jams a rest for a while, so this will be last mini jam for a long time.
The cost should only be about $5 per jammer. Jammers can bring family and friends, there will be no cost to family and friends of jammers, except if they would like something from the bar. Where else can a Rickenbacker loving musician go and have an afternoon of fun for just $5?
Well behaved children are welcome, however they shall not touch the instruments without permission (our rules) and the can't sit by the bar or hang around pool tables (Malone's rules).
In addition to the song sign-up sheet, we may also have a stage time sign-up sheet so EVERYONE gets their chance to jam.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

We are winding down to less than 48 hours till the start of the Janglebell Rock® SCARF Jam on Saturday, December 8th :D

We should have a pretty good size crowd of Jam participants .... please use the sign-up sheet to help us coordinate things so that everybody gets a chance to play on the songs they enjoy ! !

Jam Drummers: Remember to bring your favorite Cymbals and your Snare. The rest of the drum kit is provided courtesy of Forum member Tim O !!

Guitar Amps: If you had messages with either Joey or Rich about bringing your Amp -- it means we are counting on you !!! So please bring your Amp and we want to get them miked up by the Malone's Soundman before Noon, if possible.

And Everybody remember the Golden Rule of Confluences ...... bring sufficient Guitar and Bass stands for all your instruments !!!!

If you have something like a Santa Hat or a Christmas necktie or a big Red Ribbon .... wear it for the festive spirit ! :D :D :D
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

You guys have fun tomorrow! I'll be there in spirit should you decide to play some Kinks or Tom Petty :)
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

JakeK wrote:You guys have fun tomorrow! I'll be there in spirit should you decide to play some Kinks or Tom Petty :)
Same here. And I'll be there in spirit for all the Byrdbrains.....er Byrdmaniacs I mean. :mrgreen:
JimK
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I'll be here at home enjoying some spirits... uh... and wishing I could be there too...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
hifiguy247

Post by hifiguy247 »

I'm new to this club, but will attend Saturday's event. I own a 660/12 in Midnight blue. This is my third Rick and I look foward to meeting fellow Ricky fans!
Albert Von Schweikert
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Welcome to the group, Albert. We look forward to meeting you and jamming with you! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
rickenbottom

Post by rickenbottom »

Hope u guys are enjoying the jam session while I,m up here in the north country. Have fun :D Maybe some day I,ll get down there. Enjoy.
2011 4003 Jetglo
2013 330 Mapleglo
2013 4004L Snowglo
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

So...how'd it go?

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”