Arlington, TX Guitar Show

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

melibreits

Arlington, TX Guitar Show

Post by melibreits »

Hey, I was just wondering.... will there be any Forumites attending the big guitar show next weekend (October 17-18) in Arlington? It's not far from our new home in Fort Worth, so my husband and I are planning to attend.
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Arlington, TX Guitar Show

Post by jps »

Did you guys move, or buy a winter home?
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

We moved.... After more than 5 years, we were able to sell our Grand Marias house, and made the big move across the country.

Aha.... I see that my profile still says "Grand Marais, MN." And I don't see a way to edit that.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Go to the User Control Panel near the upper left of the screen,under Profile/Edit Profile is the where you can change your location.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Ah, thanks Jeff.... it's all fixed and everything is current now. :)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I have a friend in Silver Lake. Did you leave your snow shoes, shovels and snowblowers behind, or bring them for the novelty of having those in TX.?
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

We sold the snowblower and snowmobiles, gave the snow boots away (but I still have my Steger mukluks; I couldn't bear to part with them), left the downhill skis in the rafters of the garage since they were ancient and I haven't used them since I was in college.... And I left my cross-country skis and boots with my parents in Duluth, just in case we get back up there to visit in the winter. We gave most of our winter coats, scarves, gloves, and hats away to the local thrift store in Grand Marais since we won't be needing them down here; but I made Marc and the boys each hold on to one winter coat, one winter hat, and one pair of gloves--just in case. We actually did bring the snowshoes with us, just as a conversation piece. They are somewhere out in the mess of our garage among all the boxes we haven't unpacked yet.... :roll:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

From what I hear from my friend, it is a good thing you folks kept some winter gear! :shock:
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

It still feels like the best days of a Minnesota summer to me right now.... Can hardly believe it's October. I'm still enjoying my swimming pool almost every day--I'm LOVING the weather here so far.
Pool_1.jpg
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

:mrgreen:
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

From what I hear, Texans get panicky when there's an inch of snow.... Of course for Minnesotans, that is nothing! I would be more afraid of the drivers down here than the snow, since they don't have a clue how to drive in it. Heck, I'm a little bit scared of some of the drivers down here anyway; it feels like we're taking our lives into our hands every time we get onto the freeways... I have never seen so many bad drivers in my life! :shock:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Just be glad you didn't move someplace where they drive on "the wrong side" of the road! Oh, and an inch (oh, sorry, 25mm) of snow here shuts down the entire city...
:roll: :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear you're liking living in a warmer climate!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Bad drivers are everywhere these days, it seems. :evil: Cell phones are not helping any, either.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”