Replacement Reverb Tank for Fender Twin

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

paologregorio

Replacement Reverb Tank for Fender Twin

Post by paologregorio »

I have a 2005 50th Anniversary`65 Fender Blackface Twin that the original Accutronics reverb tank died on. When I pulled the tank there was nothing visible to indicate the tank was dead, but when I plugged a spare Accutronics tank in from my Super, instant reverb.

After a conversation with the owner of Van Amps LLC on the recent unhappy decline in quality of Accutronics tanks, and reading a number of reviews comparing Belton, MOD, and Accutronics tanks, I ordered a MOD upgraded replacement tank from Antique Electronic Supply.

The difference was pretty amazing. The reverb from the mod unit is quite lush and fully sounding, and warmer, if that makes sense; the Accutronics reverb had always sounded a bit cold and sterile in my Twin.

To make a short story long, if you're replacing a reverb tank on one of your amps, I recommend a MOD unit. It's billed as an "upgraded" tank to the Accutronics unit, and is actually about $8 less than a comparable Accutronics tank. I highly recommend MOD replacement tanks.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Replacement Reverb Tank for Fender Twin

Post by jps »

I think the reverb tank in Swart STR-Tremolo (Tuxedo cabinet) is a MOD unit. Very nice reverb, for sure!
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Re: Replacement Reverb Tank for Fender Twin

Post by soundmasterg »

I've been using the MOD tanks since Accutronics got bought by Belton and their quality drastically changed. The Belton ones sound even worse if you can believe it! Anyway the MOD tanks are the best out there right now and have been for several years.

Greg

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”