Amp similar to Savage Macht?

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

RicUpNorth

Amp similar to Savage Macht?

Post by RicUpNorth »

For reasons I’m looking to trade my Savage Macht for something similar. Was curious if anybody here might now of a good option?
scott_s
Veteran RRF member

Re: Amp similar to Savage Macht?

Post by scott_s »

Which model do you have, and what are you seeking to change by trading? :)

I don't have any experience with them, but the idea of a big single-ended amp sounds cool.
RicUpNorth

Post by RicUpNorth »

It’s a killer amp, I’m just having a hard time as the owner/designer made some very unacceptable things recently. I have due time and spoke with him directly to form my own conclusions on it.
That said I guess I’m trying to decide whether to sell/trade or just remove any logo type item on the amp.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

RicUpNorth wrote:For reasons I’m looking to trade my Savage Macht for something similar. Was curious if anybody here might now of a good option?
How about something from Michael:

http://swartamps.com/amplifiers.htm

I used to have a STR-Tremolo (Tuxedo version). Loved it, but then I sold all my electric gear to concentrate on playing acoustic (except for bass).
scott_s
Veteran RRF member

Post by scott_s »

RicUpNorth wrote:It’s a killer amp, I’m just having a hard time as the owner/designer made some very unacceptable things recently. I have due time and spoke with him directly to form my own conclusions on it.
That said I guess I’m trying to decide whether to sell/trade or just remove any logo type item on the amp.
I did a Google search and I think I found what you're referring to. He claims his Facebook account got hacked, but you know way more than I do.

That's a bummer either way. How about making your own faceplate? :)
RicUpNorth

Post by RicUpNorth »

It’s definitely a murky situation. I have a screenshot of what was said. I also personally reached out to Jeff to hear his side. I talked with him a little. I’ve read the company statement. The claim that his account was hacked made me look further. I wanted to believe him, he’s a genuine guy when it comes to his business and makes a good product. I have wanted to purchase a Junger from them at some point. The comment was made on a page of somebody with somewhat extreme beliefs. His personal page is a “top fan” of that page on Facebook, and that gives me serious doubts that it was a hacked comment. One comment from a hacker doesn’t make you a top fan. I also looked into the other things he follows online and it’s not far out of line with the general ideas of some other pages. Then his denial to me was as much about what was said as what was not said. He stated that “there’s was a pretty terrible post on Facebook attributed to me” and “everyone who knows me, knows I would never post something like that.” He never once mentions that he thinks racism in general is bad, or that he wouldn’t say something along those lines, just wouldn’t post in. To me if he stood against what was said he would more clearly articulate that. It felt much to me like something was said, then he was caught and tried to backpedal and cover. Knowing other amp builders in the area who know/have worked with him they have said that those kinds of comments from him would not be a surprise to them. All that said, it’s murky and hard.

To the matter at hand. Thanks! I’ll look into Swart! My other thoughts have been removing all logos and just as said trying to find someplace to make me custom name plates to replace those on it. I want sure who made similar sounding amps that would be under $2k out there, and since we are all kind of gear junkies here wanted to see what other liked. Just want a full bodied sound with some chime.

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”