Introducing the Al Cisneros Signature 4003S

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Introducing the Al Cisneros Signature 4003S

Post by jdogric12 »

bbmaster123 wrote:The upgraded Version 4003S comes with an improved dual truss system. Of course, the famous solid bass tones, the ringing sustain and triple beat that we are known for make this a dream. Not surprisingly, we received a standing request to return this.
???
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

jdogric12 wrote:???
Didn't make sense to me, either.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Another day, another band practice.

I don't know if it was the gear, the room, the band, or what, but the 4003AC sounded really good yesterday. I raised the bridge saddles slightly before going. I didn't notice any difference in the action, but I didn't hear the fret buzz on the A string I had noticed before.

In this band, I play a few numbers with a pick. My impression is that this bass is not as pick-friendly as a standard 4003 (or 4001, for that matter). The pickups being closer together and closer to the bridge get in the way a bit. Closer to the neck is fine, but that's not where I prefer to pick.

Gig Thursday. We'll see how that goes.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Just strung my 4003AC up with 0.040-0.095'' Chromes and it is such a sweet combo. Really smooth but growls plenty and cuts through a lot cleaner than most flats (the famed "brightness" of Chromes).
radapaw

Post by radapaw »

cassius987 wrote:Just strung my 4003AC up with 0.040-0.095'' Chromes and it is such a sweet combo. Really smooth but growls plenty and cuts through a lot cleaner than most flats (the famed "brightness" of Chromes).
been itching to hear an AC with flats, got clips?
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

radapaw wrote:
cassius987 wrote:Just strung my 4003AC up with 0.040-0.095'' Chromes and it is such a sweet combo. Really smooth but growls plenty and cuts through a lot cleaner than most flats (the famed "brightness" of Chromes).
been itching to hear an AC with flats, got clips?
I will try to make some decent ones tonight if there is enough time.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I have to say, I'm really loving my 4003AC. The tone is similar to, but different from, my other 400X Ric basses. Should have been available a long time ago!
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

FYI, Sam Ash is now selling these for $2299.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I've been playing around with a cheap bass for the past couple of weeks. It's a GJazz from Glarry. Amazingly good for the price, but it's important to stress "for the price."

One of my bands has a possible performance coming up, so I left the GJazz at home yesterday and took my 4003AC to band practice.

Amazing difference. The Ric is so much better in every way ( as it should be, costing me thirty times as much!). Even one of the guitarists commented on how much better it sounded.
bassmekanik

Post by bassmekanik »

Isaac wrote:I've been playing around with a cheap bass for the past couple of weeks. It's a GJazz from Glarry. Amazingly good for the price, but it's important to stress "for the price."

One of my bands has a possible performance coming up, so I left the GJazz at home yesterday and took my 4003AC to band practice.

Amazing difference. The Ric is so much better in every way ( as it should be, costing me thirty times as much!). Even one of the guitarists commented on how much better it sounded.
Ive done a bit of recording of late with my current band and, compared to both my 4003SPC and Musicman Stingray i recorded with previously, the sound that the 4003AC has come out with in our recordings is far superior to both. The rest of the band have noticed the difference during rehearsals and the recordings and commented on it too. Can only be a good thing.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Took the 4003AC to a gig last night. For maybe the first time, it seems everybody noticed! And everybody loved it. The bandleader was gushing over both the looks and the tone.

I'd love to compare it to a 4002S, but they made only two of those. Maybe they're considerng making it a regular item, but who knows?
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

Spotted one up for trade on Talkbass.
https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ricken ... c.1479426/

FYI I'm not affiliated with the sale.
Dirk
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Does anybody know what Ric used for the fret board inlays?
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Isaac wrote:Does anybody know what Ric used for the fret board inlays?
It looks to me like the same inlays they currently use, only green.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Yeah - I think it's the same thin pearloid stuff + some green dye...

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”