Babicz FCH Rickenbacker Bass Bridge

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

fireglo
Veteran RRF member

Babicz FCH Rickenbacker Bass Bridge

Post by fireglo »

I just found out that Babicz Full Contact Hardware is working on a Rickenbacker bass bridge. There are photos on the Facebook page from September 4, 2019. It fits into the tailpiece with no modifications that I can see. Has anyone heard about this?
Hutnick

Re: Babicz FCH Rickenbacker Bass Bridge

Post by Hutnick »

I just emailed Jeff a few weeks ago, inquiring about the status of this new bridge. Unfortunately he said that he is still in the prototype phase. The challenge, it sounds, is to offer a design that allows for a full range intonation adjustment. And then there’s the issue of his manufacturing operations dealing with COVID-19. I’ve owned Babicz bridges in the past and they were fantastic. I’m excited to see an aesthetically pleasing and functional bridge replacement finally available for my Ric!

Maybe if enough of us show interest, it will help speed up the process of getting a prototype fully developed and ready for market.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hutnick wrote:I just emailed Jeff a few weeks ago, inquiring about the status of this new bridge. Unfortunately he said that he is still in the prototype phase. The challenge, it sounds, is to offer a design that allows for a full range intonation adjustment. And then there’s the issue of his manufacturing operations dealing with COVID-19. I’ve owned Babicz bridges in the past and they were fantastic. I’m excited to see an aesthetically pleasing and functional bridge replacement finally available for my Ric!

Maybe if enough of us show interest, it will help speed up the process of getting a prototype fully developed and ready for market.
Aren, welcome to the RRF. Your update on the progress of the Babicz bridge is appreciated.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
lumgimfong
Intermediate Member

Post by lumgimfong »

No logo would be nice.
I got the hipshot gibson bass bridge over the babicz partially because it was logoless.
fireglo
Veteran RRF member

Post by fireglo »

Jeff Babicz's Facebook page says the Rickenbacker 4000 series bridge is ready and coming soon.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Does anyone have a photo of this?

EDIT: Found this. https://www.facebook.com/JeffBabicz/pos ... 997121085/

Looks like it slots into the existing tailpiece? I was really hoping for a "toothless"/muteless design instead. Darn - that's my only lingering issue with the revised Rickenbacker bridge/tailpiece.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I think it's just the bridge, and not the whole tailpiece, so the mute and teeth are already there.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Minimalist approach, keeping the original frame. I like it.
"Knowledge is Power"
henry5
Advanced Member

Post by henry5 »

Interesting idea, especially given the hassle I’ve recently had tweaking the setup on one of my old 4001s. Three concerns; getting the action low enough on a vintage bass (I like very low action), weight, and being able to tweak the string spacing sufficiently. My basses are set up with 16.5mm spacing. Might be worth dropping them an email though. Assuming you can just drop it in and take it out again (for instance to install the original bridge if selling), could be pretty cool.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

If this is finally going to be a real thing, I'll try one.
"Knowledge is Power"
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

That's some sophisticated machinery.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
Finch

Post by Finch »

I like this approach. Hipshots are excellent bridges, but they don't look that great, even if they are pretty nice looking for a ric replacement.

Anyone try the new official ric bass bridge that kind of mimics the hipshot adjustment options?
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

I love the official Rickenbacker bridge that was recently released. It's on my 4003AC. Wonderful. I just wish the tailpiece teeth/mute would be taken out of a future design to make palm muting a bit easier. It's far from impossible as-is, but not optimal.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I don't do a lot of palm muting, so that's not an issue for me. I do sometimes play between the bridge and the bridge pickup. No problem on most Rics, but, on the 4003AC, the bridge pickup is so close to the bridge that the teeth get in the way. I haven't felt the need to make any adjustments on the AC, so I can't speak to the adjustability of the V2 bridge, but it certainly looks as though it will be easier when I do.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Oh yes, it's very easy to intonate, and other adjustments are also simple. The bridge redesign is really top-notch in my book.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”