Chris on Syndestructible--VINYL

The genius of Chris Squire
Billsbro

Chris on Syndestructible--VINYL

Post by Billsbro »

So the wonderful The Syn CD "Syndestructible" will be available again, this time on vinyl. To me, it features some of Chris Squire's best vocal work. I really like the way his vocals blend with Steve Nardelli's vocals. And I really admire the positive lyrics.

I think the album is criminally underrated and under-promoted. So yeah, I am shouting about it! :)

Here is the link to Burning Shed:

https://burningshed.com/the-syn_syndestructible_vinyl
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Re: Chris on Syndestructible--VINYL

Post by just_bassics »

The Syndestructible CD is still, hands down, one of my favorite listens, start to finish, when I just want to mellow out without hearing any heavy soloing or other heavy work. It just brings me around. It's like Chris is right there in the room with me again. I wasn't able to listen to it for a long time, but alas, time has passed. I think I need to dig it out and give it a spin. I'm not waiting for the vinyl...
Billsbro

Re: Chris on Syndestructible--VINYL

Post by Billsbro »

just_bassics wrote:The Syndestructible CD is still, hands down, one of my favorite listens, start to finish, when I just want to mellow out without hearing any heavy soloing or other heavy work. It just brings me around. It's like Chris is right there in the room with me again. I wasn't able to listen to it for a long time, but alas, time has passed. I think I need to dig it out and give it a spin. I'm not waiting for the vinyl...
A very nice post to read on a Friday morning. Your description of Chris' work on the album is perfect. His vocals blend so well with Nardelli's. (I know some people don't like Nardelli's voice but I do.) The album is especially meaningful to me. The positive lyrics were very timely for me back in 2006 when I went through a wee bit of a rough patch. It helped me turnaround.

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”