Bert Weedon RIP

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
royclough
RRF Consultant

Bert Weedon RIP

Post by royclough »

Those from UK will know of Bert Weedon who has passed away at age of 91. Many a aspiring guitarist in early 60s had his play in a day book or series of books, so did I but sadly for me didn't work.

Bert was actually the first to record Apache but either he or his record company were unsure if it was a single or not, they did release it but Shads had already hit the charts with their version.

Of course in States Jorgen Ingmann had the hit!!

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Bert Weedon RIP

Post by jps »

RIP, Bert. :(
hamilton_square

Re: Bert Weedon RIP

Post by hamilton_square »

royclough wrote:Many a aspiring guitarist in early 60s had his play in a day book or series of books, so did I but sadly for me didn't work.
God knows how many print runs it’s been through in the last fifty years but I see that amazon.co.uk still have the said “Play in a Day” publication on sale at the very reasonable price of £6.80 post and packaging free to UK addresses. So Roy, there’s still plenty time if you want to give it one more go.
PIAD.JPG
I’ve been indoors most of the day doing some DIY and have had the radio on in the background. Have to say I was pleased to hear Queen’s Brian May giving Bert Weedon his full due and the debt that he in particular owes the “Play in a Day” book for pointing him in the right direction when he first picked up a guitar.

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”