(Sir) Tom Jones at 70

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
hamilton_square

(Sir) Tom Jones at 70

Post by hamilton_square »

Currently being repeated on the BBC iPlayer, “Tom Jones … Imagine … Summer 2010 … What Good Am I?” was first broadcast on BBC Four on 6th July 2010 in celebration of the singer’s 70th birthday.

Lasting an hour long, the programme write-up went as follows …
As he prepares to celebrate his 70th birthday, singing legend Sir Tom Jones is still recording, performing and collaborating with some of the biggest names in pop. In this episode of Imagine, Alan Yentob examines the extraordinary story of one of Britain's most recognisable pop icons.

In a frank and revealing interview, Sir Tom describes the dizzying ascent from his humble beginnings as a miner's son in South Wales to becoming a headline act in Las Vegas, and recalls many of his most cherished moments from a career that enabled him to sing alongside Elvis, establish himself as a hairy-chested sex symbol, and make one of the most successful comebacks in pop history.
I see that a copy of the hour long BBC Four broadcast has recently (and quietly) popped up YouTube - well worth a watch in my opinion ...

Hosted and executive produced by Alan Yentob, 'Imagine' is a wide ranging entertaining arts series first broadcast on BBC One in 2003.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Re: (Sir) Tom Jones at 70

Post by royclough »

And in my view wasted on The Voice reality show

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”