Geoff Nugent

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
royclough
RRF Consultant

Geoff Nugent

Post by royclough »

Peter has a good piece on The Undertakers within Rick Resource, they never made it big but were a well respected group from the Merseybeat era. I have just read that Geoff Nugent one of the originals has passed away.

this was their only chart entry
DavyR

Re: Geoff Nugent

Post by DavyR »

It was a shock. I got to meet Geoff in Liverpool in 2009. He visited the US a year later and I got to jam with him. The jam was roughly recorded for fun and was released as a live CD on Bogus Records, "Live in Pittsburgh". Geoff was a real rocker and gave 100%+. He'll be missed.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Such a shame. I love this group and have had the greatest fun trying to learn about their history in Liverpool.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
hamilton_square

Post by hamilton_square »

I’ve been away in South of Spain since the beginning of October and have been back in the UK for less than a week. So, was completely oblivious to Geoff Nugent’s passing until I read it here. Had to google it to confirm that he died suddenly (well, at least that’s a mercy) aged 71 on 12th October and was buried at St Chad’s Church in Kirby …

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on ... rs-7994282

Taken from a live at Vale Park (New Brighton) Undertakers' performance on 11th August 2012, Geoff Nugent intros bandmate Jackie Lomax's rendering of James Brown and the Famous Flames "Tell Me What You Gonna Do" ...

Still rollin' and rockin' till the very end

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”