Ricky panda Covers

Exploring the beauty and tone of Rickenbacker Lap Steels

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

RockSteel

Ricky panda Covers

Post by RockSteel »

Hi out there, I have a couple of 30's lap steels that need help. My 38' 7 string needs a control cavity cover. They are the white plastic kind, and it seems that a cover from a 6 string is not quite large enough. Not sure if it's because i's a different year, or that the 7 strings were different. Regardless, I'd love to purchase one the finish up this beauty. metal would be okay, one or two control is fine also.
I have some parts I'd be willing to trade. bridge for post war, old tuners, screws and a post war 1 1/4 pickup.
I also would like to find a skilled rewind and magnetizing person. Thanks, RockSteel
johnhall
RIC

Re: Ricky panda Covers

Post by johnhall »

We've recently uncovered a large cache of BD series cover plates in varying colors and sizes, although most of them are slightly rusty steel. You may wish to send a tracing of the opening (or the symmetrical plate) to our customer service to see if we have the type you need. I don't have a seven stringer for reference (and don't know why it would be different) but as I said, there's a number of different styles available.

Similarly, I have a bakelite six string Spanish (fretted) instrument that is complete with the exception of the lower two plates, which are larger and slightly different in shape than the Hawaiian plates. Naturally, our stash doesn't include any of these . . . Anyway, I'd love to hear from anyone that has a line on any of these. This guitar is destined for my collection/our museum.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: Ricky panda Covers

Post by johnallg »

RockSteel wrote:Hi out there, I have a couple of 30's lap steels that need help. My 38' 7 string needs a control cavity cover. They are the white plastic kind, and it seems that a cover from a 6 string is not quite large enough. Not sure if it's because i's a different year, or that the 7 strings were different. Regardless, I'd love to purchase one the finish up this beauty. metal would be okay, one or two control is fine also.
I have some parts I'd be willing to trade. bridge for post war, old tuners, screws and a post war 1 1/4 pickup.
I also would like to find a skilled rewind and magnetizing person. Thanks, RockSteel
Rewind can be accomplished by Sergio - contact him on his forum:
viewforum.php?f=33

Magnetizing -
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=347319#p347319
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=386533&hilit=magnet ... 15#p520174 My post on magnetizing
My poor drawing illustrating my post - http://files.rickresource.com/tech/magnet-shoes.jpg

Return to “Rickenbacker Steels: by Richard Shatz”