Help Sourcing 325c58 Replacment Nut

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ForeverFabFour

Help Sourcing 325c58 Replacment Nut

Post by ForeverFabFour »

Hello, I'm new to the forum so let me apologize in advance if this is the incorrect place for this topic. I could really use some help sourcing a nut. The previous owner of my 325c58 replaced the factory black nut with an aftermarket white one and not only doesn't look horrible but they did a very poor job of installing it. I'm looking for a factory black nut or an identical aftermarket replacement. Yes, I have checked all of the RickenBacker parts website, eBay, Reverb, and have even contacted the factory itself and got no reply back from them. At this point I am desperate. Hence why I'm making this post. Let me know if you have any luck finding one and I thank you in advance for your time and help.

All the best!
-Matthew
tcsmit29

Re: Help Sourcing 325c58 Replacment Nut

Post by tcsmit29 »

Hi Matthew, you may not find a direct factory replacement for the nut as it is an item that needs to be fitted to your particular guitar/strings/action. However, its not a big deal. You can buy the nut material from online vendors that sell luthier supplies like Stew-Mac and cut it yourself. If you don't feel up to the task, any decent guitar tech should be able to do it for you. Hope this helps, good luck!

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”