Happy Friday Meeting Place

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Happy Friday Meeting Place

Post by admin »

Hello everyone, please stop by this thread on Fridays and let us all know your music and Rickenbacker plans for the weekend. I plan to do some looping with my Rickenbacker 350 and the Boss RC-500. Have a nice weekend everyone!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Happy Friday Meeting Place

Post by jdogric12 »

Cool. Shoot some video of that, Peter.

It is opening day for a local summer collegiate-level baseball league so I'm very excited about that. Besides that I am shooting footage for a new Rick-themed youtube show I'm trying to get started.

And then Sunday getting set up for a week long summer music camp I'm helping the local high school band director with.

Hopefully I can play my 4005XC some too.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I'll be playing one of my Rick basses while I watch the Baku Grand Prix on Sunday.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Hmmm, it's already Saturday here. Guess I missed it...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I am going to try to record some 6- and 12-string rhythm test tracks using Studio One interfaced with my M-Audio MobilePre USB box., most likely on Sunday (I have two people to call tomorrow to wish happy birthday to, plus a band Zoom meeting ... plus trying to get a "care package" ready and mailed ... plus ... :? ).
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Tubwompus

Post by Tubwompus »

Played a drum gig, actually.
Thought about my Rickenbackers, though.
Does that count?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well here we are again with our plans for the weekend. I am a week further ahead with my knowledge of how the Boss RC-500 functions. Wow, there is quite a bit to know. Hopefully I will get something recorded with the Model 350 this time. Please let us know what you are up to with regard to weekend plans with your Rickenbacker. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

The guitarist in my last classic pop-rock band had a RC-300. It was a pretty amazing "piece of kit" he's Scottish so that's how he would have put it :mrgreen: ) It allowed us to do all kings of things such as the children sounds, trains, shouting, helicopters, etc. in "Another Brick in the Wall" and many other songs.

Tubwompus

Post by Tubwompus »

Drum gigs on Sat and Sun but during the day tomorrow, going manual diving to midi up program change info from my Boss ES-8 to my Eventide H9’s. Sunday day will be recording my 1993+ through both my JC-120 and Deluxe Reverb as part of the ongoing experiment to see if there’s a simultaneous combo of amps that’ll generate something special. Then have fun getting out the 350V63 and just have fun. I’ve missed having her out.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Editing the Rick video I shot last weekend.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jason, I look forward to it.

stringsncords
Intermediate Member

Post by stringsncords »

Late to the party, but two gigs (Thursday and Friday), featuring a 12-string set with my 1993 Plus MapleGlo.

They both went well.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Late as well, but Friday the 4th was my first gig, post shutdown. No masks! Played some blues with old friends and you could feel how much people need live music and the community it encourages. This past weekend I played a boomer Rock and Roll oldies program. The producer asked me to play on bass guitar even though most of the music was originally performed on string bass. Great! Pulled out the ol' 4003fl. To my surprise, after the show, an older, female member of the audience recognized the Rickenbacker by name. She and others commented on the wonderful tone of the bass. Once again, the sense of excitement about being able to socialize over music was a beautiful thing.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks to all who have checked in here and left comments about their Rickenbacker experiences as of late. It feels good to see others doing what they love as we begin to return to more pleasurable moments. :)

Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane »

Great idea!

I really like weekly check in threads and I'm glad it's working here!

I didn't do much playing last friday, but I intend to and I'm looking forward to picking up my Rickenbacker next friday night for some scale studies and general playing, while I pleasantly consume a six pack of Buds.

Thanks for the thread, Peter!

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”